What's new

Fun With Above The Tie (ATT) Razors

Razor: Above The Tie (ATT)- Windsor M1 (Colossus Handle)
Blade: Feather New Hi Stainless (1st)
Brush: Henri et Victoria: High Mountain White Badger 22mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Le Père Lucien - Cedar & Patchouli
Aftershave: Dr. Jon’s Cedar & Rose

A1D0825F-2FD5-4229-8DEB-4F64E53231E2.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10

Above the Pack
This razor does not get out enough. I picked up this M1 ATT razor on the B&B forums a while back, but have only used it sporadically. Not long ago I was considering buying an R1 plate for it, but now I’m glad I stuck with the milder M1. A mild shaver paired with an agressive blade can be one of the best combos going, and this was definitely proof of that pudding.

A new feather blade took me to an effortless BBS with an absolutely perfect post shave face feel. I think the feather along with a Kai blade may be the perfect pairing for this M1. I’m still going to experiment with other agressive blades though.

If you really like the scent of cedar, both the soap and aftershave are good ones.

“salutant te qui ad radi”

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Fun today with the ATT Windsor Pro Mixed Metal CH1 with Kronos handle. :)

Razor: ATT Windsor Pro Mixed Metal CH1 (Kronos Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Brush: Craving Shaving Debris Handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
20210506_093142~2.jpg

The ATT Windsor Pro Mixed Metal CH1 runs with the "Big Dogs". The CH1 plate is efficient while still maintaining a smooth feel. A very enjoyable razor. :thumbup:

Excellent shave! :cool:

I recently picked up a S1/M1 combo /w Atlas handle here as I was looking for a mild slant. Love the S1. Works well with any of the blades that I have (Astra SP, Astra SS, GSB, Nacet, you name it). Haven't even tested the M1, need to do that sometime...

I see you also have the Perma Sharp and used that blade before. Don't know the Nacet, but I get super-BBS-shaves free of irritation with the Perma Sharp with the Windsor SSH1. So much so that the Windsor has send my R41 into retirement.
The Perma Sharp is sharp like a Feather to me, but more gentle (less bite) and it's more consistent over days. Which is why it has totally replaced the Feather, which has been a former favourite blade for me.

On the angle, I think it's a bit of getting used to as the Windsor has such a - I love it! - muted blade feel. As I'm finding the angle intuitively I wasn't aware of it, so I had to watch it this morning to tell it. I still think that communicating angles can only be a starting point and as you already got close shaves, you will find it yourself anyway best. However when watching myself with the SSH1 this morning, I think this picture #5 in the section "More pictures" comes closest to what I do:
Badger & Blade Wiki - Blade Angle
It's the photo where the description next to it starts with "Now we are shaving!"
I think that's a good starting point to have your skin build a line that meets the safety bar and the blade edge and you probably deviate from it a bit depending on the direction of the pass (WTG/XTG/ATG). Ah, and I don't use any pressure at all, the weight of the Windsor does it best on it's own.

--

View attachment 1233181
Finally got around to using this mixed metal copper Att with a PermaSharp. Very nice shave with no issues.
Imagepipe_19.jpg

Test drove the M1 now, with two different blades. Can't say I'm impressed, though. Sure, everybody's different, but while it is mild, it is not very efficient, and gave me a lot of burn. The S1 is a lot better in that respect, so I'm happy.
The CM1 is not for me too. Did not replace it so as to have the complete set. It's work of art and may not be reproduced, so just kept it. I got the Windsor pro aluminum, was too light for my tast, when i used the CM1 in it the efficiency and sensation became like CMR1 ;-)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210515_194142~2.jpg

Razor: ATT Mixed Metal CH1 (Copper Calypso Handle, Stainless Classic H1 Cap)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Persian Jar (Shavemac 24mm Finest)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Skin Tonic
Fragrance: Preferred Stock

Outstanding ATT razor configuration! The ATT Mixed Metal CH1 with Copper Calypso Handle and Stainless Classic H1 Cap is highly efficient, smooth and very effective. Plus, it looks pretty darn cool. :thumbup: :cool:
20210515_194253~2.jpg

Excellent razor! :cool:

Dear gents,
Have you ever compared with H2 with Windsor H?
I own R2, Windsor R, and Windsor H.
R2 is so amazing and even more efficient than Windsor R without losing much smoothness.
I am on the fence of getting a H2 plate.
Would you mind giving me some advice?
Thanks a bunch.

Top Bottom