What's new

Fun in the NIB,writing sample with a twist.

Asked my wife to do this. The first lines are left handed and the second are right. She is left handed, but because of how she was raise and how they tried to break her of her "bad habit" of using her left hand, she ended up using her right hand for writing to please others. Now after all these years she still uses her right hand the majority of the time to write.

$01-08-13_2011.jpg

And, yes, that was a crayon she was using.

Thanks for the sample Lamar. I was hoping this thread would be something different to try, and have fun with. Tell your wife I appreciate her participation. :thumbup:

P.S. She gets extra credit points for using Crayon.

I will have to remember to take part in this tomorrow when I can use the scanner. It seems like good fun.

Are you guys pushing the pen or pulling it. I am thinking that you are pushing it. I haven't tried it yet but it's interesting.
1st I need to master a left handed jump shot. lol

Are you guys pushing the pen or pulling it. I am thinking that you are pushing it. I haven't tried it yet but it's interesting.
1st I need to master a left handed jump shot. lol

I can only speak for myself, but I was just trying to get something on the paper. I have only messed around with using my off hand a few times in my life. I'm guessing I pushed and pulled. Circles and curves seemed to be rather difficult, everything seemed to be backwards and awkward.

My intention for this thread was to just have fun with it. I never wanted to have people practice for a period of time, then post something good. I'm looking for the first sample, not the last.

I can only speak for myself, but I was just trying to get something on the paper. I have only messed around with using my off hand a few times in my life. I'm guessing I pushed and pulled. Circles and curves seemed to be rather difficult, everything seemed to be backwards and awkward.

My intention for this thread was to just have fun with it. I never wanted to have people practice for a period of time, then post something good. I'm looking for the first sample, not the last.

But what happens if you accidentally encouraged a whole group of people to develop the use of their non dominant hands. Think of the potential.

I'm sure James is in his hidey-hole practicing Left-handed Illumination as we speak.

I'm finally attaching my sample. For some reason it wouldn't upload to Google Drive from my phone last night. Had to try again this morning.

$IMG_20130108_164857.jpg

But what happens if you accidentally encouraged a whole group of people to develop the use of their non dominant hands. Think of the potential.

I'm sure James is in his hidey-hole practicing Left-handed Illumination as we speak.

Never really thought about developing the non dominant to try and equal the dominant. I guess we're using parts of our brains that don't get much use, so I guess that's a good thing. :) Not to mention a new AD. ( NDFPAD )

Hopefully some of the seasoned veterans, of the NIB, will show us their samples. As for James, if he wants to participate, I see some sort of multicolored non dominant hand copperplate sample coming from him. :)

EDIT; Thank you for your sample, how did it feel to write left handed?

Last edited:
It didn't feel as strange as I thought it would. I definitely pushed the pen around, and i had to figure out how to hold the pen at the right angle to write. But it looks quite atrocious all the same. Just before I left work though, I had an idea that I will try to do today. I took my 1.4mm Parallel and wrote the same lines (dominant hand) and even though my handwriting is pretty bad, it certainly looked much fancier. I'm going to use the same pen to write LH today and see what the result is!

Mine is bad, really bad. You can't even read what I wrote in cursive, I had to translate it into right handed, and even at that I read it wrong and had to correct myself.
proxy.php

Mine is bad, really bad. You can't even read what I wrote in cursive, I had to translate it into right handed, and even at that I read it wrong and had to correct myself.
proxy.php

POIDH (Pics or it didn't happen). :laugh:

Apologies. Just noticed the icon that denotes a picture cannot be shown. Is it perhaps shared from photobucket or some other photo sharing site? If so, my job filters those out. It's pretty frustrating not being able to see half of the pictures posted here... but it does help keep the ADs at bay.

Last edited:

Thanks for the sample. I used a Varsity disposable for my mine, but I absolutely understand what you are saying about the difficulty with a fountain pen. I know when I was writing, the herky, jerky, stop and try to correct, forget about it and move on things I was doing didn't go well with a FP.

I hope that you had fun with it, and maybe even got a chuckle out of it, that's the spirit of this thread.

Top Bottom