What's new

Fuller Restore

This is my most recent restore of a Fuller Black & Butterscotch. Before and after shots are included. Many thanks to Ernie and TGN for the 22mm silvertip set at about 50mm.
$Fuller22.jpg
$fuller44.jpg
$Fuller11.jpg$fuller55.jpg

I have a brush from Rubberset that is almost exactly the same that i'm working on right now. As i was cleaning it up i realized that the top and bottom unscrewed from each other, which i thought was pretty cool!
Was this the case for your brush also?

I have a brush from Rubberset that is almost exactly the same that i'm working on right now. As i was cleaning it up i realized that the top and bottom unscrewed from each other, which i thought was pretty cool!
Was this the case for your brush also?

Interesting. Are the top and bottom threaded? Photos would be great!

The top and bottom are threaded, but I have no photos showing the threads. I'll see what I can do.

The top and bottom are threaded, but I have no photos showing the threads. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks! Other than a Rubberset 400 and a few other metal brush handles, I've never run across one that was threaded. Then, again, I haven't been checking closely. :blush:

Thanks much! That's pretty cool. I'll be checking my stash of vintage brushes for any that are threaded or otherwise may come apart. Should be a real timesaver in restoring those that do. Again, thanks for the follow up!

Use caution when checking for threaded handles. I had one of the bases crack when applying too much pressure. I will be using the top of the handle with a wood base to replace the broken piece.

Use caution when checking for threaded handles. I had one of the bases crack when applying too much pressure. I will be using the top of the handle with a wood base to replace the broken piece.

Point taken-- vintage handles can be fairly fragile.

Top Bottom