What's new

Fuller restoration

It has been a few years since I restored a brush. I have done a couple of these vintage Fullers before, and have always enjoyed the colors. I was thinking about a 3 band, and even started a thread about current TGN 3 bands. Well that plan changed. I ended up with a 24mm Maggards SHD. The glue bump added about 2mm bringing the handle opening to 26mm.

20190723_181210.jpg
20190723_181228.jpg

Holy smokes did you do an awesome job on that. Black is the hardest color to polish because it shows every tiny little microscratch there is. Yours is among the nicest finishes on black resin I’ve ever seen. That’s a beautiful brush and a first class job restoring it.

Looking pretty awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Holy smokes did you do an awesome job on that. Black is the hardest color to polish because it shows every tiny little microscratch there is. Yours is among the nicest finishes on black resin I’ve ever seen. That’s a beautiful brush and a first class job restoring it.

Thanks for the kind words. I filled it with plumbers epoxy and am waiting for it to harden. The epoxy gives it a nice weight.

Thanks gentlemen. I finished the handle and was ready to set the knot only to find out my epoxy had hardened. :a31:

I was hoping to try out my new brush this morning.

That looks spectacular. Love the black in contrast to that beautiful yellow and orange swirl. Do you have any before photos? It cool to see the transformation.

That looks spectacular. Love the black in contrast to that beautiful yellow and orange swirl. Do you have any before photos? It cool to see the transformation.
I didn't take any before pictures. It was in very good condition to begin with.

I finished the brush. I ended up setting the knot at 49mm. I gave it a hand lather and it seems right. Here is some pictures of the brush next to another Fuller I restored using an Omega boar knot. I did not work on the bottom of the handle in order to keep the Fuller logo. I am currently 3017'ing a cream, but I may have to cheat as this brush screams for a nice soap. :a14:

Link to boar brush restoration if anyone is interested. I included how I extracted the knot.

Fuller restoration part 2. Now with Boar and a Made Rite

20190725_161140.jpg
20190725_161120.jpg
20190725_161055.jpg

Attachments

• 20190725_161024.jpg
    20190725_161024.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I really like the simplicity of the design. You did a great job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom