What's new

Fuji Straight Razor

Hello all,

Does anyone have any information about Vintage Fuji straight razors? Not Tanifuji but just under the label Fuji. I will show you some markings - heck if you can translate that would be appreciated!

s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600.jpg

Thank you for any information.

I have 3 tanifuji, h diamond Towa tungsten
and a meijo tamagene steel,,,amazing grinds,,,,
Guys forum members more expert have some amazing Japanese razors in these forums
One of my tanifuji is a museum art piece
Did you have more pics razor your considering,,

I have 3 tanifuji, h diamond Towa tungsten
and a meijo tamagene steel,,,amazing grinds,,,,
Guys forum members more expert have some amazing Japanese razors in these forums
One of my tanifuji is a museum art piece
Did you have more pics razor your considering,,

It's nothing special outside of the identification marks. I have been hunting another Tanifuji Silver Steel but none have shown up that aren't beat to hell and back.

It's nothing special outside of the identification marks. I have been hunting another Tanifuji Silver Steel but none have shown up that aren't beat to hell and back.

Think we all ,,, lol looking for one of those[emoji4]
This is my grail find, tanifuji 127 linden silver steel
The steel is amazing
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hi Gentlemans,
After some time .. do somebody know razors Fuji? Do you have some? I wonder to buy one, and think if it is worrh to pick it to my collection.

No, and I just looked at the blade carefully to see if I had perhaps just overlooked a hamon.

However, I was told that both blades were hand-forged and hand-hammered. If I didn’t have an Eiko, they would be my favorite 1/4 hollow razors.

23A17423-36DC-4645-B873-2C7256F89E5B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks @1Speedster !
The shape of the silk is reminiscent of a work by Yukio Kamijo. However, Yukio was putting out his blades vertically.
We will never know but they were forged by a blacksmith who mastered the forging process.
Have a good shave my friend

Bonjour @1Speedster,
J'ai quelques informations supplémentaires sur le rasoir Fuji.
Il a été forgé par Fuji qui était un grand maître qui fabriquait des rasoirs Tamahagane.
Le kanji sur la soie de la lame signifie "Fuji" le nom du maître et l'autre côté de la soie semble signifier "Fait main".
C'est une lame très précieuse.
Bien à vous

Last edited:
Bonjour @Mic,
Thanks for digging up that additional information on the Fuji razors. I will cherish them even more knowing they were forged by a special master.
Good to hear from you Mic. Take care!

So I have one and also just watched a NOS one sell pretty high on an auction today. It just sold for $567.81. That is the first two pics. Not mine. Mine is the last three pics and I got it way cheaper than that. It is an excellent razor one of my best and similar to my Tamahagane and old stub tail razors in its shaving quality.

Now from the listing I got this info.
It was apparently manufactured by a master craftsman during the Showa era at the request of the Tokyo Federation of Barbers Cooperative Association using iron sand from Unshu as raw material (according to a magazine catalog at the time).
They say it was the 60's when it was made and the reference to iron sand from Unshu leads me to believe it is either Tamahagane or similar in quality.

I would also like to thank @Mic for telling me to buy mine back when I was on the fence thinking about pulling the trigger on the one I got. Mine also has a hard to see hamon.
Mt.Fuji Teuchi.jpg
fuji blade.jpg
fuji2.jpeg
fuji3.jpeg
FujiOkudo.jpeg

Top Bottom