What's new

FS Stubby has arrived, pic heavy.

Guys my FS custom made in finest has finally arrived. To say I'm please is an under statment. It arrived after this mornings shave so I haven't used it yet. Cleaning with some Erasmic shave stick soap showed a lot of potential from this little brush. Whipping up a good deal of lather, nice and thick. The handle is not a injection moulded piece but appears to be turned and is of a good weight. The finest badger feels soft on the face with a good amount of back bone and there is very little in the way of badger funk. So good so far. This is my birthday treat to me.

Pics are, straight out of the box, Pre clean and bloom, post bloom, against a rule for sizing and on its' stand.

Sorry about pic quality I'm still in the dark ages and only have 9 mega pixel camera but 1 mega pixel brain.

Attachments

• $FS New.jpg
    $FS New.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 367
  • $FS  pre bloom.jpg
    $FS pre bloom.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 359
  • $FS Post bloom.jpg
    $FS Post bloom.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 360
  • $FS size.jpg
    $FS size.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 374
  • $FS & stand.jpg
    $FS & stand.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 364
Did you have to special order that stubby? and what are the approximate costs of such a brush?

Ian

Right then,

38mm handle length
42mm finest loft
23mm knot
handle at thickest 30mm

I was after a shorter handle Richmond in butter scotch so I asked Ian. He couldn't do me a stubby butterscotch but I then asked about something like to a Simpson Chubby. A few e-mails later and a picture or two later and that was it. It's wasnt avalible in other colours at that moment but you can but ask. As for price I paid inc delivery £19.01 which is $29.99 USD.

Well used the FS brush this morning. Soaked it in hot water and then went at it with Tabac stick. As this is my first proper badger brush I need to work a little more on my face lathering technique. The lather was better than with my trusty Omega 10777 boar, but I reckon with more practise I can make it superb. The brush shed a few hairs but noting to worry me. It's bloomed well and feels great on the face. The wright amount of scritch and softness all in one. I'm chuffed at my purchase. And ray777 the price was $29.99USD. well worth it.

Is there any chance you could take a picture from the top down on the knot? I'd love to see how dense it is. From what I can see the knot looks good for $30. Thanks for sharing.

I'm chuffed at my purchase.
Fantastic word choice! You never get to hear that one state side :thumbup1:

This is also custom made by FS 28/55mm finest two band.
Now its on the way to me .total cost 40 usd..

Attachments

• $28.jpg
    $28.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 144
  • $28-2.jpg
    $28-2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 144
No probs. 23mm from above and a little wet from this mornings shave.

Attachments

• $IMG-20110923-00085.jpg
    $IMG-20110923-00085.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 142
Top Bottom