What's new

FS: Razors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 31 nice and very modestly priced razors to sell -- Gems and Gillettes of various sorts. Please see the descriptions, prices, and three photos below.

Please add $4 for first class tracked shipping to the CONUS for each shipment, no matter how many razors you buy. International shipping rates can be quoted by PM. PayPal only please.

Please PM me with any questions or if you would like additional photos of any particular razor(s). First unconditional “I’ll take ___” has it.

Here are the GEMS, all good user grade or better:

Back, Left to Right:
**Gem Jr. (gold) $7
**Model 1912 (gold) $7
**Micromatic Open Comb (nickel) $7

Front, Left to Right:
**Micromatic Clog-Pruf (nickel) $15
**Micromatic Flying Wing “Guiding Eye” (gold) $10
**Featherweight (nickel) $5
**Pushbutton (gold) $15

$IMG_0566.JPG

Next are 11 Gillette Techs, by numbers shown in the photo starting upper left and ending lower right. All good user grade or better.

1. Pre-War Fat Handle Tech. No date code. Triangle slots under the guards. Unengraved cap. Nice shiny razor. The best Tech here. $15
2. Post-War Fat Handle Tech. No date code. Oblong slots under the guards. Engraved diamond logo on cap. No plate loss. $10
3. Gold Ball End Tech. No date code. Oblong slots under the guards. Nicely preserved gold plating. Unengraved cap. $8
4. Gold Ball End Tech. No date code. Oblong slots under the guards. Fading gold finish but no plate loss. Engraved diamond logo on cap. $5
5. Gold Ball End Tech. No date code. Oblong slots under the guards. Fading gold finish but no plate loss. Unengraved cap. $5
6. Nickel Ball End Tech. No date code. No plate loss. Diamond logo engraved on cap. $5
7. Nickel Ball End Tech. Date code B3 (1956). No plate loss. Diamond logo engraved on cap. $5
8. Travel Tech with nickel finished embossed head and brass handle. No plate loss. Date code K4 (1965). Austrian brown leather case needs a few stitches to the zipper but is otherwise in good shape. $5
9. Travel Tech with nickel finished embossed head and aluminum handle. No plate loss. Date code L4 (1966). Gold plastic snap case with waterproof lining is in nice condition. $5
10. Travel Tech with nickel finished embossed head and brass handle. No plate loss. Date code L1 (1966). Hard case with mirror inside. The mirror is fine, but the case is rough inside and out. $5
11. Travel Tech with nickel finished embossed head and brass handle. No plate loss. Date code K1 (1965). Austrian brown leather case is minty. $7.
$IMG_0567.JPG

Finally, here are 13 Gillette Super Speeds, identified by the letters in the photo, starting top left and ending bottom right. Each is in good user condition or better except the last one (missing end caps).

A. Blue Flare Tip. Date code C1 (1957). $16
B. Red Flare Tip. Date code C1 (1957). $25 Has the (++) under the head.
C. Black Tip. Date Code W4 (1951). Steel handle version (Korean conflict brass shortage). $14
D. Silver Flare Tip. 50’s Style. Date code D4 (1958). $10
E. Silver Flare Tip. 50’s Style. Date code A4 (1955). $10
F. Silver Flare Tip. 60’s Style. Date code F3 (1960). $10
G. Black Handle Flare Tip. Date code T3 (1973). $9
H. 40’s Style. Date code X2 (1952). $12
I. 40’s Style. Date code X4 (1952). $12
J. 40’s Style. Date code Y1 (1953). $12
K. 40’s Style. Date code X3 (1952). $12
L. 40’s Style. Date code X4 (1952). $12
M. 40’s Style. Date code Y2 (1953). $5 [This razor is missing both end caps but is 100% functional. The best bargain here for someone looking for a vintage Gillette].
$IMG_0572.JPG

Last edited:
When you PM me to ask for additional photos, I will need an email address or text number to send the photo(s) to. Thanks for your understanding.

I haven't measured blade gaps, but my subjective experience is that the MMOC and 1912 are pretty close to one another in terms of aggressiveness.

Here's an updated list of what is SOLD. The others are still available as of now, but there won't be any price reductions, and I'm going to close the thread down Monday night.

Gem Clog Pruf SOLD
Gem Micromatic Flying Wing Bullet Tip "Guiding Eye" SOLD

1. Fat Handle Tech SOLD
2. Fat Handle Tech SOLD
4. Ball End Tech SOLD
6. Ball End Tech SOLD
7. Ball End Tech SOLD
8. Travel Tech SOLD
10. Travel Tech SOLD

A. Blue Tip (SOLD)
B. Red Tip (SOLD)
M. 40's Style Super Speed w/o end caps (SOLD)

Last edited:
All of the Super Speeds are now sold. There are a few Gems and a few Gillette Techs left, and I'll close up the thread tonight.

Most of it's gone, so time to shut 'er down. Thanks to all who took a gander, and special thanks to all who bought themselves a nice razor or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom