What's new

FS 40mm — Too much or just the right amount of a good thing?

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to finish off that tub that is cluttering up your den…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
There is an unfortunate pseudo macho trend these days for bigger being better no matter how vulgar and absurd, just look at some cars and watches, and even some people. Given the current crass state of society I am only surprised there isn't a 50mm, 60mm, or 70mm brush. Maybe I am just too old and past it to understand. To each his own I suppose. 😆

There is an unfortunate pseudo macho trend these days for bigger being better no matter how vulgar and absurd, just look at some cars and watches, and even some people. Given the current crass state of society I am only surprised there isn't a 50mm, 60mm, or 70mm brush. Maybe I am just too old and past it to understand. To each his own I suppose. 😆

Also available with synthetic knots.

In comparison to the other brush Chubby 3 looks like a size 2 model!

Anyone complaining about having too much soap should get THAT brush and share the lather photos.

Question : how will you load the brush?
Chubby 3 is already a good size bloomed when wet.

Bigger question : which soaps will be sacrificed for this brush :letterk1: 🤪?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Paging @Chan Eil Whiskers

Big brush alert, Jim!

Al, thanks but no thanks.

I have at least one brush with a nominal size of 30 mm which actually measures 33 mm at exit. That's as big as I'm interested in.

According to me, the Chubby 3 is a great size, Chubby 2 is a bit too small, and 24 mm (nominal size) is as small as I want in my den. Generally, 26 and up suit me, but I like 28 mm better. The Omega Mighty Midget is an exception to that rule, of course, but it's the exception which proves the rule (whatever that means).

I'm not at all saying nobody else should enjoy what they find just right whether that's 75 mm or 18 mm or even a Wee Scott. Maybe one day I'll buy a WS and sell my Chubby 2 brushes but I doubt it. I like scrub and I like to cover the territory with it.

Generally I'm not a fan of big trucks and such. I think the current craze of the huge watches is auche (although, once again, that doesn't mean I expect anyone to agree with me). Etc.

1629840796474.png

That huge Yaqi brush can be found at much lower price on Alibaba. At least last time I looked. This might be a clue. The above picture is from that page on Alibaba. The actual wholesale prices of Yaqi brushes are unbelievably low. Check 'em out.

We just need 200 guys who want this brush and we're golden. I'm in. (At that price, why not?)

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
I’ve being using a savile row 3330 for the summer and it’s been awesome. Its enormous. Because of that brush, I have that kraken iirc 40mm knot thats just waiting for a handle.

Top Bottom