What's new

FS: 3 Gillette DE's, NDC SS (1948-49) W4 SS (1951) D2 TV Special SS (1958)

Happy New Year Gents,

I have for sale today 3 very nice Gillette Super Speeds. Each of these razors has been thoroughly inspected, cleaned both manually and in an ultrasonic cleaner, polished, and sanitized. They are shave ready. Prices include shipping within the US via USPS Priority Mail with tracking. They will come carefully packed in a box. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Please read the descriptions carefully, and if you wish to see additional photos, just let me know. Payment is by PayPal only.

(SOLD) Gillette Super Speed, NDC, 1948 or 49 –
This is a very nice 40's style SS that is in wonderful condition. It has no date code and a notched center bar, dating it to 1948 or 1949. Flawless operation of the TTO mechanism and doors results in an even blade gap all around. There is some very, very minor spotting on the handle, and it may not even be noticeable in the photo shown. The doors have some light scratching, and a few small pinpoint dings that do not appear to penetrate the plating. The 40's SS's are great shavers, one of my favorites. $30.00

$P1290703.jpg

Gillette Super Speed, W4, 1952, Black Tip
– Here is the aluminum handle version of the 40's style SS Black Tip. This example is in good condition. The nickel plating on the head and doors is fully intact with minor scratching. There are some small spots on the handle where the aluminum has corroded, but we're talking only a few mm at the most. There is also a small divot out of the plastic in the TTO knob that is about 2 x 4 mm. All that being said, the razor operates perfectly, and will make a great shaver. $24.00

$P1300073_0789.jpg

(SOLD) Gillette Super Speed, D2, 1958 TV Special
– This beauty is in near mint condition, with only some very minor scratching on the doors. It operates perfectly, with a smooth TTO action, doors closing evenly and tightly, with even blade gaps all around. Although not particularly rare, the TV Special distinguishes itself with different knurling on the handle compared to the other flair tip SS's. To my eye, the parallel knurling pattern is more attractive in addition to feeling good in the hand. It is similar to the knurling that appears on the Slims and Fat Boys. $28.00

$P1290661_0489.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Matt

Last edited:
Top Bottom