What's new

Fruity February

Go orange or go home! Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper soap followed by the orange Lucky Tiger. I didn't sign up, but I'll pop a few shaves in. Who knows I might go all month.
thumbnail_IMG_1523.jpg

SOTD February 1st
GRUME February 2023
Fruity February

Here I am friends!
My first shave for SOTD in February, GRUME in February 2023 and Fruity February.

This was also my first shave with Jade Omega and R41 with Feather. What a wonderful combination! Feather and R41 seem to go together, like Beauty and the Beast.
The Jade is incredible, wonderful handle and the perfect sized knot, but it came with that weird funky smell and together with Mike’s Lime it gave me the feeling of having a caipirinha chilled with moth balls instead of ice…

It is a real pleasure to be together with you again.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

8ABCF571-2A16-43D7-BD81-D0520605D821.jpeg
E77F8AC2-4EEC-4248-90BA-2A827602E1DF.jpeg

I didn't know it before, but I’m in!

1) Time Bandit
2) Bradworld
3) thombrogan
4) Tjsgarden
5) JAHE
6) LJBraaten
7) SharpieB
8) Beto Salatini
9) ChriWilson

I was thinking to myself this past week, I don't know if I have anything that qualifies me to be Fruity in February.
Lo and Behold - I've found my way in this morning - Whodathunkit !

IMG_0466.JPG

1675278577919.png
proxy.php

Splash Notes: Pear, geranium, jasmine tea, and Virginia cedar

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
One Blade In Fruity February

Last night’s decadent shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (3)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: cold water face wash with soft soap plus olive oil and more water
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower
Post-shave: olive oil

Washed my face, lathered up, shaved. Lathered up the nape of my neck, shaved again. Did everything I could to keep the razor from indenting my skin. Aftershave went “brrr.” Showered, applied balm, went unconscious. Waiting to repeat tonight.

STILL IN GRUME, GRUYERE, SWS, 365 Shaves, Fruity February and OBIF...whew!

Feather DX
Feather Artist Club Pro (2)
CF Lime (Go GREEN or go home!😁)
Semogue 830

Hey Guys
The 830 brush is excellent and I realized it didn't "hog" the lather today.
Straight razor shaving is a great new adventure! BBS territory with no irritation.
🍻 to great shaves.

PXL_20230202_145802143.jpg

Please take care of yourself & each other.

thombrogan

Last night’s decadent Groundhog Day shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (4)
Pre-shave: warm water face wash with Irish Spring rinsed with warm water followed by a thick lather of Wickhams left on for eight minutes before being rinsed away with warm water then a drop of olive oil and more water

Tried leaving a lather product on for eight minutes after reading @BobbyB did so with his PAA mentholated cube and had great results. I’m thinking my Wickhams Lemon Pledge is no substitute for the PAA cube. Was inspired by my next day stubble from the first February shave was scratchy and awful all of the second day of February. How do you celebrate Tommy Smothers’ b-day all itchy and crabby?

Lathered up and started on my right side. With long, sweeping strokes that I have been trying to avoid! Corrected myself before reaching my upper lip, but managed to ham-hand shaving the right half and middle of my upper lip. Another clean-up pass was needed to clean off lots of stubble still on neck and jawline.

On to the dominant hand and its closest side and an illusion of lucidity enveloped me. I used skin stretching with the design-shallow angle, a light touch, and mostly kept the base of the handle against some part of my palm at most times. And it was comfortable! Missed some whiskers under the jawline, but only barely.

Dunno if a much wetter lather will “do it all” or if I’m constantly relearning a shower before shaving is needed for my asbestos results. Expecting a Neutrogena brand bar of soap next week, so I’ll keep fighting common sense until it arrives.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The Fruitiest SOTD

PAA Aloha Smackdown. The fruitiest soap ever. It smells like Hawaiian Punch. Oh yeah!

Paladin Lemon Drop Polo. Lemon is a fruit right?

Lucky Tiger Face tonic. Smells like Orange Julius. Remember that place?

B&M 42. Top note is Pan Galactic Gargleblaster… which is basically space lemonade.

The fruitiest. Yup!

4A2E8DE7-5C17-46A2-8D2C-B709EEAA7433.jpeg

thombrogan

This morning’s decadent shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (5)
Pre-shave: warm water face wash with Irish Spring rinsed with warm water followed by a drop of olive oil and more water

Used a lot of soap and water for my lather. Runny as could be. Used short, shallow strokes with skin stretching and seemed to get nowhere. Went slightly steeper and got the “buttered toast sound” and away the whiskers went. Some of the tougher whiskers are only slightly shaved, but good enough for now.

SOTD February 4th
GRUME February 2023
Fruity February
Semogue Saturdays!

My friends always ask me what my desert island razor is. I tell them if I was alone in an island I would never shave. However, I would certainly listen to some music and it would probably be from the Johnny Hartman album Songs From The Heart.

Well, since I’m not on a desert island, I had a dawn fine shave, this morning. FOCS, Astra SP, SOC, TOBS and Floïd were phenomenal!

Have a nice weekend and wonderful shaves!
❤️🪒

DCE7F08F-3CFD-4963-813A-75C960AEE8A5.jpeg

F7038EB8-9A19-4364-8F21-5E585E036860.jpeg

Last edited:
STILL IN!
AN Orange Week For Fruity February and Shave of the Week Society

PXL_20230203_134134191.jpg

GRUME, GRUYERE, SWS, 365 Shaves, Fruity February & OBIF

Ariana & Evans L' Orange Verte *
Feather DX *
Feather AC Pro (4) *
Brushworx G5C knot
M&L Orange Blossom
* SWS

I had to adjust this soap quickly to get it good and slick-to the point of it being almost runny. After that it was smooth sailing to a 9.561 (BBS) finish and no irritation.

Fruity February Knock-Knock Joke

Knock-Knock
Who's There?
Orange
Orange
Who?

Knock-Knock
Who's There?
Orange
Orange
Who?

Knock-Knock
Who's There?
Orange
Orange
Who?

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana?

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Top Bottom