What's new

Fruity February

It's that time of year again! Wait, what? This event hasn't been done before.🤪 This is the time of year when all the fruitcakes come out.🎂 Yeah, I called you a fruitcake. What're you going to do about it? Smash a pie in my face?😝 I have a better idea. Share your fruitiest shave of the day pics throughout the month of February.

All month long I want to see your fruitiest shave of the day photos. Have a banana razor, great. A coconut bowl, fantastic! A brush made from the hair of a million kiwis? Outstanding! I want to see who can make me wish I could smell my screen.👃❤️

So, you say you have none of those.🤔 That's okay. Break out your favorite fruit-scented soaps, aftershaves, and fragrances. As long as there's fruit in it somewhere, you're all good. Even if it is loosely related that's okay. Tomatoes anyone? That's a fruit, right?

Join me in posting some fruit-inspired pictures for Fruity February. We'll call it fruitcake therapy.😁

Who's with me?

Sure, I'm in!

I'll likely rotate the soaps on a weekly basis.
My Tuesday shaves, however, are dedicated to tallow Tabac, which isn't fruity at all... but I have a solution handy... I'll add a drop of Orange essential oil into the Tabac lather once whipped up... that's what I do regularly anyway on warm weather Tuesdays 😉 Olfactory-wise it works way better than I expected it to do...

Let's do a list...

1) Time Bandit
2) Bradworld
3) thombrogan
4) Tjsgarden
5) JAHE
6)
7)
8)

Put your name on the list @GR5233 if you are in...

Cheers
Guido

Last edited:
Why not? I have a puck of Mike’s Lime to break out. Right now I am using his Honeysuckle, but I don’t think that counts! Ironically, I ate a slice of fruit cake about an hour ago, unaware that it might have some significant to my February shaves 😇

Sure, I'm in!

1) Time Bandit
2) Bradworld
3) thombrogan
4) Tjsgarden
5) JAHE
6) LJBraaten
7)
8)

Last edited:
Getting prepared for my Fruity Shave. I softened the Mike’s Honey Suckle in my large cup and moved it into my smaller one. I then put the fresh puck of Mike’s Lime in the larger cup, which was in a pan of hot water on the woodstove. After the edges around the soap filled I shaped it with a knife.
Voila!
1D678D4D-8A94-41FC-A95B-EE19C4F6CF15.jpeg

Attachments

• BC4A6AB1-C0E5-420D-822B-07EEBAE21E6A.jpeg
    BC4A6AB1-C0E5-420D-822B-07EEBAE21E6A.jpeg
    879.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 1AC1083F-81D7-4CD8-9DB5-A7CFFE3CB419.jpeg
    1AC1083F-81D7-4CD8-9DB5-A7CFFE3CB419.jpeg
    958.8 KB · Views: 8
How the hell did I miss this?

Someone else doing a monthly thing other than me and all I have to do is post my fruity shaves? I’m in!

I would have called it Fruituary, but too late as I already copyrighted itl 🤪

1) Time Bandit
2) Bradworld
3) thombrogan
4) Tjsgarden
5) JAHE
6) LJBraaten
7) SharpieB
8)

February 1st! :a50:

Let's kick this event off...

20230130_123232-01.jpeg

Soap of the day: ELEVEN - Orange
The scent of this soap is a tad muted, but it is pure and still juicy. Sweet orange, no artificial flavours. Nice 😎👍

I'll stick with this soap until Friday!

Enjoy the fruityness!

Still In GRUME. GRUYERE, SWS & 365+ Shaves
A new month for Fruity February and the One Blade Challenge

PXL_20230131_203109069.jpg

Feather DX
Feather AC Pro (1)...(maybe I can keep count this month)
Castle Forbes Lime
Simpson Super Badger

Good Day Gents
Yesterday, I was a little shaky shaving due to too much caffeine. With a new AC Pro blade I didn't want to do that today.
After a couple corking strokes and adjusting the lather it was smooth sailing. I took extra time and went slowly. It was one of my most enjoyable shaves.
🍻 to us all for a good month.
Please take care of yourself and each other.

Top Bottom