Personna GEM PTFE (6)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower followed by about two minutes waterboarding
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: olive oil

Nothing says my prep was off like benefiting from two shaves in the same day. Having a hot shower and waterboarding before lathering allowed me to use design-shallow strokes with skin stretching or excessive touch ups. Even the upper lip; raw from tissue use; was easily and gently shaved.

The immediate post-shave feel reminds me of the RazoRock Super Slant Lvl 3 only with a lighter razor and more expensive blade.

Well, I’m going to take John’s @tjsgarden advice and Go Orange! Soon (?). I recently discovered I have an orange Shaving soap: Bergamot is one of the ingredients (bergamot orange peel extract). It is Barrister and Mann’s Night Music. This brown lathering soap is definitely an acquired taste (and I haven’t). A friend gave to me when he couldn’t stand it. I tried using it and neither can I, or my Badger that barely can shed the odor after multiple washings. 🤢 🤮 I tried heating it and adding some peppermint oil and it didn’t make a noticeable difference. It is not surprising that B&M (appropriately applied to this soap) discontinued it. I’ve been using it for a room deodorizer, and saving it for an extreme emergency when all other soap is gone and I’m destitute and desperate. But in honor of John and Fruity February I will dip into it again soon. When I get psyched up for it. Maybe.👃
05F1040E-13C3-4CF8-8500-021D700A7F8A.jpeg

Well, I’m going to take John’s @tjsgarden advice and Go Orange! Soon (?). I recently discovered I have an orange Shaving soap: Bergamot is one of the ingredients (bergamot orange peel extract). It is Barrister and Mann’s Night Music. This brown lathering soap is definitely an acquired taste (and I haven’t). A friend gave to me when he couldn’t stand it. I tried using it and neither can I, or my Badger that barely can shed the odor after multiple washings. 🤢 🤮 I tried heating it and adding some peppermint oil and it didn’t make a noticeable difference. It is not surprising that B&M (appropriately applied to this soap) discontinued it. I’ve been using it for a room deodorizer, and saving it for an extreme emergency when all other soap is gone and I’m destitute and desperate. But in honor of John and Fruity February I will dip into it again soon. When I get psyched up for it. Maybe.👃
View attachment 1600936
Well, I did it. I noticed after my post that it also contains strawberry 🍓 as well as the 🍊 (bergamot). I’d be happy if it smelled like either one. I gave my brush an extra rinse to get rid of the odor, I think I’ll need to do the same for my face. A good DFS, I’ll probably use it again tomorrow before I put it back on room deodorizer duty.

Well, I did it. I noticed after my post that it also contains strawberry 🍓 as well as the 🍊 (bergamot). I’d be happy if it smelled like either one. I gave my brush an extra rinse to get rid of the odor, I think I’ll need to do the same for my face. A good DFS, I’ll probably use it again tomorrow before I put it back on room deodorizer duty.
Thanks for your contribution to FF. This soap seems to be quite a weird olfactory experience.

I've never used this soap. I should consider myself lucky I haven't, it seems...

B&M scents are polarising at times.
I had a sample of Leviathan. This coffee/leather-ish scent profile is loved my many - I just couldn't stand it, scentwise. Plain and simple disgusting.

Last edited:
Thanks for your contribution to FF. This soap seems to be quite a weird olfactory experience.

I've never used this soap. I should consider myself lucky I haven't, it seems...

I had a sample of Leviathan. This coffee/leather-ish scent profile is loved my many - I just couldn't stand it, scentwise. Plain and simple disgusting.
With the exception of the four horsemen scents I haven’t found many B&M scents that I would consider polarizing. Southern Witchcrafts on the other hand….

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
One Blade In Fruity February

Last night’s decadent shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (7)
Pre-shave: hot shower followed by about two minutes waterboarding with shave binky
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, hand-lathered

Hand-lathered to reduce scritch. Adding cold water to lather wasn’t as refreshing when face-lathering as expected. Knowing a shave with a Micromatic Open Comb was about to commence, my hands must’ve been ablaze with anticipation. Off-putting, truly, but the great shave I had was worth creeping out myself.

Back to face-lathering tomorrow. With a Wee Scot, it’s only a little scritch anyways.

SOTD February 6th
GRUME February 2023
Fruity February
Mühle Mondays

Hello friends!

Last night I watched the 4th episode of The Last of Us. Thankfully, the world hasn't ended yet and I was able to get a wonderful shave this morning.

This was my first time with the RR Don Marco which has a light citrus scent and protection. Wisely, I used White Proraso Pre Shave Cream to face (no pun intended) R41 and Feather. The Jade is getting softer and completely got rid of the unpleasant smell.

Good week and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

D2B03543-B6E7-4300-B285-146022F9638D.jpeg
EFEEA1A8-9CD4-467F-834D-BF363457B6C8.jpeg

My friend sent me two B&M soaps he didn’t like. He rated both high for lather and shave quality, but low for scent. The other was Adagio (apparently B&M has a music inspired series?). It is a menthol soap, which I liked. I 3017ed it last summer.

STILL IN GRUME, GRUYERE, 365 Shaves, Fruity February & OBIF
Today is also Muhle Monday.

PXL_20230205_155102038.jpg

UPDATE for SWS:
The Ariana & Evans L' Orange Verte soap seems to be causing some burning and stinging issues. This is the 2nd soap in my collection that doesn't suit my skin. I am switching to the Proraso Azur Lime for the remainder of the week.

Feather DX
Feather AC Pro (6)
Muhle XL STF
Proraso Azur Lime

It is interesting that the tube of Proraso shows a picture of a straight razor and uses the words "single blade". What I say is this is a slick and fragrant lather and my face doesn't have any sensitivity issues. DFS+ today.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
One Blade In Fruity February

Last night’s decadent shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (8)
Pre-shave: hot shower followed by about two minutes waterboarding with shave binky
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, face-lathered

I was supposed to be using a different razor with this blade last night, but plan well enough. Oh no, another gentle, efficient MMOC shave in the books. Poor me…. It was awesome.

Top Bottom