What's new

Frozen pipes? Argh!

Best $110 I've spent in years , for specific usage. We didn't lose power this time, but I wanted to see how well the little guy worked. Turned the heater off & it kept our living area at 72* for 3 hours, when I switched the heat back on & went to bed. Barely moved the gauge on my 1/2 used 15# propane tank, so I'm reasonably sold on it running for 40 hours on 1 tank. Our house is only about 1000sf, so not a huge space, and the bedrooms were chilly, but nothing like 2020!

Galveston was 22* with 20-30 mph winds, so a tad chilly for down here.

Best $110 I've spent in years , for specific usage. We didn't lose power this time, but I wanted to see how well the little guy worked. Turned the heater off & it kept our living area at 72* for 3 hours, when I switched the heat back on & went to bed. Barely moved the gauge on my 1/2 used 15# propane tank, so I'm reasonably sold on it running for 40 hours on 1 tank. Our house is only about 1000sf, so not a huge space, and the bedrooms were chilly, but nothing like 2020!

Galveston was 22* with 20-30 mph winds, so a tad chilly for down here.
There's currently a coupon making it $80. I might have to get me one for that cooking eye.

This is what I've got for emergencies. Like you I've only fired it up to make sure it works, but it does work well. I keep two full tanks at the ready. My folks have one that they use fairly regularly.

There's currently a coupon making it $80. I might have to get me one for that cooking eye.

This is what I've got for emergencies. Like you I've only fired it up to make sure it works, but it does work well. I keep two full tanks at the ready. My folks have one that they use fairly regularly.
:c1: Yeah, the only reason I didn't go (literally) with your choice was the cook top. Gotta have coffee & eggs!

Top Bottom