What's new

Frothy Tabac lather? Still good!

Today I was a bit lazy and careless with my shave routine. I did some swirls on my face with Tabac stick, as countless times before, BUT I forgot to shake my brush. That resulted in something, I did not believe was possible with Tabac. Airy, frothy and kind of disappearing lather. Yeah, my soap to water ratio was really really wrong :)

Mostly because of laziness and a bit for fun I tried to do an ATG pass. AND THE SOAP DELIVERED! First pass was still comfortable and pretty decent. In all fairness, I was using Nacet on shave #2 (for me the best shave on that blade, incredibly smooth and sharp) in Rockwell 6S aka the blade tamer. But there was no residual slickness, for which Tabac is well known.

For the rest of my shave I did not want to risk irritation, so I squeezed bad lather out of brush and relathered. This time I got it right and had a beautifull shave.

Conclusion...can you have comfortable shave from frothy Tabac? Yes you can!

With good soaps, all it takes is a thin layer. People think lather needs to be dense, but I don't think so myself.

(Sent from mobile)

I brush load and face lather. By the time i get to a 4th cleanup pass on the cheeks i'll squeeze whatever soap is left in the knot and it's usually the most airy frothy lather and it happens only with Tabac. It might be super hydrated lather by that point but it still works perfectly fine.

Top Bottom