What's new

Front Mounted Digital Hygrometer

Generally I'm more of a pipe smoker, but recently I've been smoking cigars more regularly. There was a 10 stick cigar sale that included a 50 count humidor on PipesAndCigars for 50 bucks, so I grabbed one.

I would like to replace the analog hygrometer on the front of the humidor with a digital one. I did a bit of searching on amazon, but it was difficult to decipher whether the ones available fit and worked well. So I wanted to ask if any of you have done this before and if it worked out for you. If it did work out for you can you tell me which hygrometer you purchased?

Yes, I know most of you probably just leave the analog hygrometer on the front and place a digital within the humidor, but that's not what I'm asking about here. Thanks!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I can vouch for the normal one, as I have a few. Best thing about it is for the anal retentive members you can calibrate it easily.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Generally I'm more of a pipe smoker, but recently I've been smoking cigars more regularly. There was a 10 stick cigar sale that included a 50 count humidor on PipesAndCigars for 50 bucks, so I grabbed one.

I would like to replace the analog hygrometer on the front of the humidor with a digital one. I did a bit of searching on amazon, but it was difficult to decipher whether the ones available fit and worked well. So I wanted to ask if any of you have done this before and if it worked out for you. If it did work out for you can you tell me which hygrometer you purchased?

Yes, I know most of you probably just leave the analog hygrometer on the front and place a digital within the humidor, but that's not what I'm asking about here. Thanks!

I don’t know if if fits your needs, but I would look at a Govee. I’ve had all the dedicated cigar ones over the years, and now swear by these. They come in BT, Wi-Fi, and Alexa-compatible versions if you want remote monitoring and alerts, and they are very easy to calibrate.

https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Temperature-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Greenhouse/dp/B07TWMSNH5

843C09A4-E909-48FA-B482-B90C20980219.jpeg

I bought this one from Amazon when I built my humidor a little over a year ago. I tested it with other hygrometers that I had on hand and it’s been reliable.

Sorry, just saw that you don’t want one for in the humidor.

NP, I'll probably end up going with the one in your pic or one like it. Just figured if I could replace the analog one that would be cool.

I followed the thread where you made that Humidor. Love it!

Most small humidor front mounted analog hygrometers do a poor job of showing the relative humidity INSIDE the humidor and are extremely influenced by the relative humidity OUTSIDE the humidor.

Hopefully, a digital replacement works better.

Top Bottom