What's new

Fromm blade in Sextoblade.

I have used a Weck Sextoblade for years, intermittent use, that is. Today I picked it up and decided to try a Fromm blade. I normally use Personna. I had the worst bloodbath have ever seen on my face. The aftershave burned my ENTIRE beard area. I have never had a blade do me so badly. I used to use straights exclusively, so I'm no stranger to using them. Holy cow, what a horrible shave. I'll never use these blades again.

I have used a Weck Sextoblade for years, intermittent use, that is. Today I picked it up and decided to try a Fromm blade. I normally use Personna. I had the worst bloodbath have ever seen on my face. The aftershave burned my ENTIRE beard area. I have never had a blade do me so badly. I used to use straights exclusively, so I'm no stranger to using them. Holy cow, what a horrible shave. I'll never use these blades again.
You got me worried now. I have an unopened box of Fromm blades for my Sextoblade that I haven't cracked open yet. I plan to once my current Personna is done, but at 30+ shaves, it's nowhere near done yet.

Try stropping the blade to mellow it out. Do you have a picture of the box? If not, what's the writing on the box say?

I've used Fromm blades in Sextos without issue. Bad blades and bad lots of blades can happen, or maybe they changed manufacturers and the new stuff is junk.

My box is at least 4 years old. I may try one again soon but I'll certainly strop it or cork the blade beforehand.

Top Bottom