What's new

From VDH to Arko in 3 weeks

Hey, guys. I was tired of shaving and getting nicked up twice a week using cartridges and canned junk, so I went to the drugstore and grabbed a VDH kit for $10.

After watching on youtube how to use it, I gave it a shot. It was fun and I got a better shave than what I was getting, then I started looking on Amazon and found out that guys really took shaving seriously by looking at the reviews that were written.

It's been about three weeks and I have started a Shave Den with Cella, Arko dish, Proraso green in the jar, Proraso Red in the tube, Col. Conk Bay Rum and three Omega boar brushes.

Also, I just switched yesterday to the EJ DE89. It's awesome and I wish I would have gotten into this hobby earlier.

I now look forward to shaving as often as possible instead of dreading it and only shaving once or twice a week.

Arko has been working for me the best and I actually enjoy the scent. I plan on shaving with just the Arko until I perfect my technique with the EJ until I start expanding more on the soap/cream collection.

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

I shaved with ARKO this morning. The stick has aired out for a few weeks, and the citrus scent has weakened considerably. What is left, is a fresh scent that reminds me of vintage bath soap, or a clean house.

ARKO performance is stellar. Yes, I have Italian soaps that give a creamier lather, and I do have soaps with a more refined scent. But measuring performance per euro, it is hard to beat ARKO. Unless your weapon of choice is a Palmolive Classic stick ... then you win :laugh:

I shaved with ARKO this morning. The stick has aired out for a few weeks, and the citrus scent has weakened considerably. What is left, is a fresh scent that reminds me of vintage bath soap, or a clean house.

ARKO performance is stellar. Yes, I have Italian soaps that give a creamier lather, and I do have soaps with a more refined scent. But measuring performance per euro, it is hard to beat ARKO. Unless your weapon of choice is a Palmolive Classic stick ... then you win :laugh:

I was using the Arko for about 4 or 5 shaves and today tried Proraso Red cream. I was a little disappointed because the Proraso wasn't as slick as the Arko but it did yield a great lather using my my Omega 10098.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406986314.294604.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406986336.444668.jpg

Top Bottom