What's new

From the ashes...to a new life.

I first posted this in the brush restore forum, and it was suggested that you folks might enjoy it as well.....

1st time poster and restorer.
As a wet shaver and pipe smoker, I delve into multiple hobbies. Pipe restoration has been one I have done for many years. When I find old but restorable pipes, I will pick them up, clean/restore them and then give them to Senior citizens who are living on fixed incomes, especially the veterans (of which I am one).
The other day I was visiting an old gentleman (and he is truly a gentleman of the highest order), who needed a couple old pipes restored. Before I left, he asked if I could fix a dripping faucet in his bathroom, which I did quick enough. While there I noticed that he had a very well "appreciated" shaving brush that was this side of worn out.

Back home I was restoring his pipes, and saw that one of them was burning out on the inside, no use in restoring it, but I had an idea. I cut off the stem, sanded the area to the correct dimensions, and bored out the bowl a bit to fit a knot I had, that had no home.

When I returned his cleaned up pipes (and a couple others) and presented him with his new brush, the old gentleman nearly had tears in his eyes.

This is what makes life worth living...

Humbly

Al in Colorado
attachment.php

Top Bottom