What's new

From convert to addict in 2 months

I just recently started out wet shaving with a Van Der Hagen shave kit and luxury soap set i got from my wife for Christmas. After consulting a few friends that use DE razors I decided to buy a Merkur 23C and Merkur blades and have been very pleased with the results! This is by far the closest shave I have ever had( used to use 4 blade Schick hydro). I have since bought a mid 60s vintage Schick Krona and 76 Gillette super speed. I just received the Schick in the mail today, still waiting for the Gillette to arrive. I have been researching on this site and shave 101 about brushes as that will be my next purchase/ upgrade. The basic pure badger that came with my kit has been adequate but now that I know I'll be sticking with DE shaving the investment in a better brush is next. Jeff :thumbup:

Sounds like your wife knows what she's doing! I love the VDH Luxury soap. Welcome to Badger and Blade. You're in good company.

Welcome! You and I are in the same boat sir. The very same boat. See you at the RAD meeting next week.

Welcome to the dark side.

Apart from a better brush, you should also buy a blade sampler. Merkurs, while good, are excessively expensive. Gillette Silver Blue and Astra SP are common favourites.

I just recently started out wet shaving with a Van Der Hagen shave kit and luxury soap set i got from my wife for Christmas. After consulting a few friends that use DE razors I decided to buy a Merkur 23C and Merkur blades and have been very pleased with the results! This is by far the closest shave I have ever had( used to use 4 blade Schick hydro). I have since bought a mid 60s vintage Schick Krona and 76 Gillette super speed. I just received the Schick in the mail today, still waiting for the Gillette to arrive. I have been researching on this site and shave 101 about brushes as that will be my next purchase/ upgrade. The basic pure badger that came with my kit has been adequate but now that I know I'll be sticking with DE shaving the investment in a better brush is next. Jeff :thumbup:
Did the Gillette arrive?

Did the Gillette arrive?

Not yet, tracking says it's supposed to be here on Tuesday. I was hoping to find it in the mailbox today. I shaved with the schick krona last night with decent results. I didn't get a bbs , but it is 50 years old. It seems like the blade alignment differs between the two sides, but I was pleased with the handle shape, weight, and balance. I will update when the SS arrives.

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

I just ordered the Vulfix 375s from W C S after reading reviews half the day. I wanted a super to get a brush with some backbone . I will update when I get it and test it out.

Not yet, tracking says it's supposed to be here on Tuesday. I was hoping to find it in the mailbox today. I shaved with the schick krona last night with decent results. I didn't get a bbs , but it is 50 years old. It seems like the blade alignment differs between the two sides, but I was pleased with the handle shape, weight, and balance. I will update when the SS arrives.

post pics to see if it can be fixed.

You and I could be like Kin. I am the exact same way, my cupboards full, and will be even more full soon! If you want a good resonably priced brush look at an Edwin Jagger best badger, I've been using one for a month now and I love it, not too much backbone but feels excellent and works really well! :)

post pics to see if it can be fixed.

I think I spoke too soon. Upon further inspection I found that the krona has a much milder blade angle than the merkur I am used to. I'm just going to have to try again and adjust my razor angle.
Both sides seem to have equal gap.
$20150316_202927.jpg

Top Bottom