What's new

Frito Pie

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
When was the last time you ate one of these? Are they offered in the Major League Baseball stadiums anymore? I loved them as a kid in little league. Get a small bag of Fritos, slit the bag open and top with chili and cheese. Mix it around and now you've got a Frito pie.

$image.jpeg
$image.jpg

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Never heard of it. How does the pack work with fast food. Does it have a separate pack for the chili so you can heat it?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Never heard of it. How does the pack work with fast food. Does it have a separate pack for the chili so you can heat it?

Chris, can you get Fritos? Fritos are salty corn chips in a bag like potato chips...except corn. They are perfect for a topping of Texas Red Chili with cheese, onions, jalapeños and your favorite hot sauce. Mixed together it makes this gooey, crunchy, salty chili mix of heaven. I think you were onto something in your "what's cooking" posting with the corn chips and Texas Red.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
They may be here, I will have a closer look.
I like the jalapeno corn chips, they seem to go well with chili IMO.

It's been a little over a year since I had Frito pie. I like using the chile cheese flavored Fritos. Now I'm hungry.

I remember the first time I tried this was in Knoxville, TN at the World's Fair. Last time I had one was about 11 months ago. Our neck of the woods we call them "walking tacos"

Actually, this is how I eat chili. When the wife makes a pot I put Fritos in a bowl, then chili, then toppings (cheese, onions, sometimes jalapenos, sour cream). I didn't know there was another way to eat chili! :001_smile

We had upscale frito pie growing up.

Mom would layer chili, fritos, onions and cheese. 2-3 layers. Bake in the oven. Serve on a bed of fritos and top with fritos and raw onions. Those cooked fritos soaked up the chili sauce and you still had the crunch from the uncooked. Too bad the doc and my wife have me eating somewhat healthy. You sparked the craving

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
SWMBO made some of her chili "soup" out of coarse ground hamburger meat the other day. So far she's had a couple of frito pies and a chili dog. I've had a couple of chili dogs but a frito pie may be just the ticket for lunch today; it's been 3 or 4 months since I had one.

Fritos, chili, onions, cheese, and a good dollop of yellow mustard. :thumbup:

Used to get 'em all the time at the little drive-in across the street from the Jr. High I went to.

Last edited:
As a kid, I hated chili. Frito pie was the only way I could manage to eat it. Lots of Fritos, little chili, lots of cheese. Now I enjoy chili, so my proportions have changed.

I've never seen the presentation from the OP in the Frito bag before.
[MENTION=48230]cleanshaved[/MENTION] those look like regular corn tortilla chips. That's not exactly the same thing as a Frito. They will still work, but wont be quite as good.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I had one of those at a minor league baseball game last summer. It was served in a batter's helmet.

Top Bottom