What's new

Frito Pie

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've never had chili from a can. Survived Irish stew in MRE packs that put down half our reserve unit. Hundred years ago but I still avoid anythings from that brand.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Fixed the classic tonight: Fritos, Wolf brand chili, chopped onions, cheese, and mustard.

0523171802b (2).jpg

One more bite left...I have a nice, warm belly now.

0523171815.jpg

Oh, Aaron...I brought Kaiser Bill's great great great granddaughter with me on this trip. Sweet as she can be.

proxy.php

I take it poutine is just a Quebec thing?

I think it was originally but it's become more popular outside of Quebec. In fact a poutine fast food place just opened in the town I work in which is about an hour east of Detroit. There is a bit of similarity between the Frito pie and poutine though isnt there.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think it was originally but it's become more popular outside of Quebec. In fact a poutine fast food place just opened in the town I work in which is about an hour east of Detroit. There is a bit of similarity between the Frito pie and poutine though isnt there.
They are both foods that I should not love, but do. All that cheesy goodness.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Now that tail gaiting is on, there's something you can add to your list of go to's.

Texas Red and fritos are on my short list for the first northeastern.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
If you ever get down to Waco Texas go to Vitek’s BBQ and get a Gut Pack. Base of frito’s layered with sausage (made there usually 2-3 types to chose from), brisket, beans, shredded cheese, BBQ sauce, pickles, onions, and jalapeños. I know it’s not a true frito pie, but it sure is good. One good thing about growing up in Texas is we would could get Frito pie in the lunch line at school.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I made more than one visit to Vitek's when we lived in Waco for a few years. The Gut Pack is phenomenal.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've made a couple since making my big batch of chili a week ago or so, but I didn't take any photos. My hands just seemed much more concerned with reaching for the spoon instead of my phone!

Top Bottom