What's new

Friends wife looking for gift

The wife of a friend wants to get him a pair of shaving brushes for Christmas. Price goal is below $100 total, and she says “probably new from a seller from the US.”

a few years ago I gave him a starter pack which had a brush that held black badger hair and had a metal handle so he doesn’t know what he wants.

any advice that would help them out?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A couple of boars.

Shoot, for a hundred bucks she could get him 7, one for each day of the week.

Semogue, Omega?

If I am not mistaken Thäter brushes are only a bit above that... e.g a 4125/0 with 22mm knot for 119$ at maggardrazors. This is a Silvertip. Otherwise Shavemac ...

Get a couple of synthetic brushes from Maggard's and she'll be set. They perform wonderfully.

Although I do enjoy boar brushes, they're more challenging to work with. Maybe a combination of one boar and one synthetic might be a good mixup.

Not US made, but Simpsons is having a Black Friday Sale! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Multiple great options including their new synthetics are well within that price range.

I don’t think they have to be us made, so much as us sold...she is scared they won’t make it through customs in time for Christmas.

Have her check out Paragon Shaving on Etsy. I have heard really great things about their boar brushes and they also sell badger and synthetic. She could get a badger and a boar for a little over $100 or a boar and a synthetic to stay under that amount. Their brushes have really good reviews.

This is a Canadian artisan so there's about $11-$12 shipping to Indiana (which is where I live) and should be similar to most US locations.

I would have her go over to the westcoastshaving website and check the price point she is looking for and she will have an excellent selection.

Top Bottom