What's new

Friday the 13th

Well I'm not a superstitious person at all but based on the fact that I've cut my fingers pretty badly on paper and acrylic sheet at work today four times already and it's only lunchtime, I think I'll leave my straight in it's case tonight and go nice and slow with my HD. :frown:

I almost forgot about the date! Well, I got a DFS this morning, so I think it's going to be a good day!

Well I'm not a superstitious person at all but based on the fact that I've cut my fingers pretty badly on paper and acrylic sheet at work today four times already and it's only lunchtime, I think I'll leave my straight in it's case tonight and go nice and slow with my HD. :frown:

Good idea!

The Mother-in-laws just been round for an 'impromptu cuppa and chat'..

Friday the 13th is shaping up to be a real bad one so far.

13 is a good number in Judaism, it's the number of articles of faith. I like friday the 13th!

The best number in Judaism is 18, the numerical value of life (chai) in Hebrew. In southern Italy, the bad number is not 13 but 17. I grew up in the US and never heard that 17 was a bad number until my mother died on the 17th when I turned 17. There was a lot of Jewish influence in southern Italy during the middle ages and I invented an explanation of why 17 is a bad number, it is what's left when you "take one away from life", i.e., "death".

Last edited:
I just had about the best shave of my life this morning!!!:thumbup1:

Coincidentally, the pyramid tower at the Luxor Resort in Vegas has a 13th floor. I stayed there several years ago. Not bad luck.

DL

Friday the 13th was a bad day for the Templars - October 13, 1307.
C'mon Phillip, that wasn't fair!

I had major surgery on a Friday the 13th a few years ago. Survived. Since then, I don't worry about Friday the 13th.

Friday the 13th is turning out pretty well. Great shave, very close to bbs, but most importantly no irritation. And on top of that I have a date tonight.

I always knew 13 was my lucky number.

Sometimes my birthday falls on Friday the 13th. How can it be bad if I get cake? :biggrin:

Funny story about that too. The kids at school were telling Mrs. Chip it was going to be Friday the 13th and that's bad luck. She mentioned that my birthday sometimes falls on Friday the 13th. The whole room's eyes lit up, "it's his birthday tomorrow?!"

These are the same kids that saw she had an M for a keychain and asked what it stood for. When she told them it was her first name they asked what it was. She reminded them she had told them before and asked them to think really hard... "Ooh, it's Missus!"

Sometimes my birthday falls on Friday the 13th. How can it be bad if I get cake? :biggrin:

Funny story about that too. The kids at school were telling Mrs. Chip it was going to be Friday the 13th and that's bad luck. She mentioned that my birthday sometimes falls on Friday the 13th. The whole room's eyes lit up, "it's his birthday tomorrow?!"

These are the same kids that saw she had an M for a keychain and asked what it stood for. When she told them it was her first name they asked what it was. She reminded them she had told them before and asked them to think really hard... "Ooh, it's Missus!"
I thought the cake was a lie.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Interesting! I thought chai/cha/etc meant "tea" in every language known to man... :)

The letter chai, representing the lucky number 18, means life, as in the song l'chaim, to life.

I have an uncle doing 15 l'chaim at Sing Sing.

I like to think I'm not superstitious, but I'm also not one to tempt the Fates/Pagan Gods/Karma/whatever or Whoever might be out there. Does that mean I shouldn't buy any razors today? Grrr...

Top Bottom