What's new

Fresh Vetiver

Gentlemen,

Recently I picked up a bottle of Fresh Vetiver by Fine Accouterments and I absolutely love this AS.
The only issue I have with it is that the scent doesn't last nearly long enough.
I understand it's based on Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver so if I were to pick up a bottle of the Eau De Parfume do you think that it would truly match Fine's version yet give me the long lasting scent I want?

I'm very open to a different brand as long as it has the same clean scent.
For reference I also tried Fine's Green (Clean) Vetiver and didn't like that one at all. That one seems to be based on Guerlain Vetiver.

I haven't tried Grey Vetiver, but my favorite date-night AS/frag combo is Fine Fresh Vetiver and L'Occitane Vetyver EDT, though compared to Guerlain the LOC's vetiver tones are more muted.

Agreed that Grey Vetiver EdP is an almost perfect match with Fine Fresh Vetiver.

Grey Vetiver lasts 12+ hours for me. I love it!

That's more like it!
Ok it's a done deal and on the way.

Thanks for the info guys.

Grey Vetiver is a great frag. You'll love it. I can typically get 10 hours from it. It has the most longevity of any of my fragrances. I find that the edp comes off a but warmer and richer than the Fine AS. That said, it's perfect.

Got my Gray Vetiver Friday night and tried it out yesterday.
It is such a nice fragrance. I really enjoy it and it is quite similar to Fine Fresh Vetiver. Maybe a bit smother that Fines version probably because it doesn't have the menthol. I feel like I could wear that frag anywhere and not have any problems.
I think I go nose blind to it quickly because it's hard to notice much after a couple of hours but that scent really works for me.

I think both versions will be permanent members in my den. Thanks for the input and advice all.

Got my Gray Vetiver Friday night and tried it out yesterday.
It is such a nice fragrance. I really enjoy it and it is quite similar to Fine Fresh Vetiver. Maybe a bit smother that Fines version probably because it doesn't have the menthol. I feel like I could wear that frag anywhere and not have any problems.
I think I go nose blind to it quickly because it's hard to notice much after a couple of hours but that scent really works for me.

I think both versions will be permanent members in my den. Thanks for the input and advice all.

I love both the EdP and EdT version of Grey Vetiver. Much like you I find I dont pick much up after a couple of hours.....but trust me that its there. People around you can still smell it for sure. Its just not the biggest projecting scent.....but it last quite a while within arms length

Top Bottom