What's new

Fresh soap scents

I am not a big fan of the “cologne” scented soaps like the fragrance dupes. I like a clean fresh or barbershop scent. What would be some recommendations? I did just pick up the Seaforth Sea Spice Lime and really enjoy the set.

Most likely you want the eucalyptus, menthol, lime, citronella, peppermint kind of scents. Though you might also find the firn, and pine scents apealing

lots of those at stirling and they have generous samples
Oh and stirling is a great performer.

arko might be a bit too clean but price wise unbeatable

If you like the Seaforth, you might also like the Cella Bio (it's also pink pepper assuming you're liking that part of the scent profile). Another price performer clean scent I like is Rasozero Agrumella (reminds me a bit of JM Fraser cream...i wish I could find some).

You might have trouble nailing down some recommendations, because one person's "clean" is another person's "cologney". For example, I think Fine American Blend is very clean/fresh, but it's cologne based. I also think Ach Brito Mogno is clean, but definitely entering into more of a cologne space.

I also think of PAA Doppleganger (Irisch Moos clone) is soapy clean, but it's not crisp as some of the other citrus scents.

Welcome to YMMV!

When i need clean fresh i reach for my tub of Stirling Island Man. If the scent was any stronger i may not like it nearly as much. Almost has a laundry soap scent behind the bergamot.

+1 for Cella Bio.
Speick stick, light lavender and herbaceous . One of my favourites.
La Toja stick, just clean scent, excellent performance.
Lea Stick, another delicate and clean scent.
Proraso Green, mint and eucalyptus, the smell of Italian barbers, old school.
Vitos eucalyptus or tobacco cream (does not taste of tobacco, but eucalyptus and herbaceous)
Razorock Mudder Focker, particular scent, slightly aniseed and an earthy undertone. Excellent performance.

Razorock Blue Barbershop, maybe cologne? But for me it is very fresh and clean.

La Toja came to my mind as well

You may also want to look into those Mediterranean blus or blue barbershop type scents.

B&M cool
Furbo
Razorock Blue Barbershop

Anything Aloe Vera scented or Floral would probably be up your alley. 99% of TOBS scents are single note and lean towards fresher than a lot of the competition.

Goodfellas Furiah is a dead ringer for a blue barber shop scent
Arko
Proraso Green
Epsilon Blue aftershave
Razor Rock Blue Barbershop aftershave is a favorite of mine, I have not tried the soap, but I'm sure it's a banger for sure

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The clean, fresh, barbershop scents I have are:
Zingari Man - The Wanderer
Wet the Face - Modern Barbershop
Black Ship Grooming - Classic
Chiseled Face - Trade Winds
Barrister and Mann - Seville
Speick

Mike's Natural Barbershop, wonderful, clean floral scent.
Harder to find but Palmolive and Wilkinson stick. Light, soapy scent.
Mitchell's Wool Fat is also a clean, soap smell. Reminds me of fresh laundry.

To me, MWF is the very definition of smells like soap. Some folks smell the lanolin or sheep smell. I get a bit of ashtray off La Toja, as do others, but it's mild and it works well so I deal with it. I get too much rosemary off PDP. My point being, everyone seems to interpret scent differently.

To *me*, MWF = soap. SV Felce = green and fresh. SV is a lot stronger too.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
To me, MWF is the very definition of smells like soap. Some folks smell the lanolin or sheep smell. I get a bit of ashtray off La Toja, as do others, but it's mild and it works well so I deal with it. I get too much rosemary off PDP. My point being, everyone seems to interpret scent differently.

To *me*, MWF = soap. SV Felce = green and fresh. SV is a lot stronger too.
I get that too on the Mitchell’s. To me it just smells like a wonderful everyday soap.

I think you would like:

MdC Agrumes
Razorock Irish countryside
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Stirling Deep blue sea
The goodfellas smile Sea Citrus
The goodfellas smile Abysso
Saponificio varensino 70th anniverary edition

Top Bottom