What's new

French Gillette #66 Aristocrat set

Scott, that´s a great catch! I don´t know, that the #66 was made so a long time. He starts 1953 (Patent Pending), than 1955 with British Patent 694.093. But yours comes with Blue Blade Extra (Super Blue Blade) and this blades gives since 1958.

Very, very nice! :badger::badger::badger:

I came back to this thread to look at that beautiful razor again, but now I am curious about that Wade and Butcher blade. I didn't know they got in to the DE scene. Very cool.

But yeah... That 66 is incredible.

I came back to this thread to look at that beautiful razor again, but now I am curious about that Wade and Butcher blade. I didn't know they got in to the DE scene. Very cool.

But yeah... That 66 is incredible.

Rodd, the W & B blade is very thick and hard. The blade is curved by itself. I wish I had an unused one to try as I have a hunch they would shave great.

"Warning! The manifacturing tolerances from Gillette razors are in the order of centimetre of millimetre. [Don't get that one but it's how they wrote it]. Avoid shocks that could alter the precision and affect the smoothness of the shave."

Heh this is a super old thread. But just wanted to clear up that it says within a hundredth of a millimeter. not a centimeter of a millimeter =)

Beautiful razor btw! Makes me want to call up my grandmother and see if she can maybe source me a French vintage in the market in her town =D.

hey

i have a question and want to point something special out.

i received the same set from a french member with the same case. but scotts and my razor is not a #66 it is a #70 which was probably sold in the #66 french set. circled the differences in my pictures.

proxy.php

does anyone have the same set?

hey

i received the same set from a french member with the same case. but scotts and my razor is not a #66 it is a #70 which was probably sold in the #66 french set. circled the differences in my pictures.

proxy.php

Any more info on aristocrat #70? I have the same model on the right

hey

proxy.php

And it just gets more bizarre for me. I have what I thought was a #66, then was told it was a #70 due to the "II" under the head.
But- it weighs 72g, shines just like my #15 and #21, and has the head stem just like the one circled on the left. And, it is in a bizarre TV type case that has "G" where TV normally would be found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom