What's new

Freezer use

We always had a fridge/freezer and then had an upright freezer in the mud room. After we remodeled the kitchen we went to a full fridge and a full freezer. We like it a lot and it looks great.
IMG_0332.JPG

If I had the space I'd probably be making stocks constantly. As it stands though, ours barely holds the big hunks of meat I find on sale for BBQ.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm like most people: steaks, hamburger meat, frozen vegies., garden stuff, extra bread, etc. I have a chest freezer that gets colder than the one on the fridge. Use that for a lot of things...chest freezer comes in handy when we go in half on a beef or hog on the hoof. That can produce more meat than a fridge freezer will hold. I still have a 9 pound packer brisket in it that I need to smoke soon.

I am an everyday shopper. Rather bare:

Fridge freezer has wild bird suet cakes. Two bags of frozen veggies. And ice. Also, some of those ice pack things for picnic coolers.

We have a very small freezer section to ours: it currently has a few bags of ice from the supermarket which we put in the air cooler in the kitchen if it's particularly hot when cooking, some batches of stock, some beef bones waiting to be turned into stock, a pack of frozen peas, a bottle of Smirnoff and ice cubes for drinks...

Top Bottom