What's new

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

Okay could someone give me a quick explanation of what they do exactly? Everything I look up on them is about the history behind it, but what about now? I see my local lodge has some meetings and a couple of breakfasts each month. Do they go to meetings to drink? What do they meet about exactly? Whats the purpose of joining?

Okay could someone give me a quick explanation of what they do exactly? Everything I look up on them is about the history behind it, but what about now? I see my local lodge has some meetings and a couple of breakfasts each month. Do they go to meetings to drink? What do they meet about exactly? Whats the purpose of joining?

I think you might get some insights from this thread..

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=165684#post165684

Eddy,

Freemasonry means different things to different men: some enjoy the fellowship of like-minded men, some enjoy the philanthropic activities while others enjoy the philosophical and historical aspects of the Craft. There is something for most men. Perhaps you should drop by on lodge night and see for yourself.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

Where are you, lodges often have open nights were friends are welcome. If your in NYC PM me and I can let you know when the next open night is in my lodge.

Quite simply Freemasonry is men building better men

Feel free to ask any brother mason and we will do our best to answer your questions.

I just received my 3rd degree in Masonry and I have been quite pleased with the caliber of man I have met in the limited time I have been a member. It is really a brotherhood. I feel honored to be a part of a group whose members believe that a man is not defined by anything but his actions and that all men can be equal, a group that puts knowledge, friendship, honesty and the want to help others before all else. I have been stressed to that my life outside of masonry should come first as far as family and work obligations go but I have been made to feel that if I were to be in need my brothers at the lodge would be there for me. I feel good about myself in knowing that I too would be there for my brothers.

That's what masonry is to me, what it is about. As far as just getting together to drink and smoke, while we do meet to talk to each other in friendship we do not smoke or drink at our meetings.

I just received my 3rd degree in Masonry and I have been quite pleased with the caliber of man I have met in the limited time I have been a member. It is really a brotherhood. I feel honored to be a part of a group whose members believe that a man is not defined by anything but his actions and that all men can be equal, a group that puts knowledge, friendship, honesty and the want to help others before all else. I have been stressed to that my life outside of masonry should come first as far as family and work obligations go but I have been made to feel that if I were to be in need my brothers at the lodge would be there for me. I feel good about myself in knowing that I too would be there for my brothers.

That's what masonry is to me, what it is about. As far as just getting together to drink and smoke, while we do meet to talk to each other in friendship we do not smoke or drink at our meetings.

Congrats Joe!

Historically, freemasonry was also the practice of Magick but that is part of the knowledge that an initiate learns. My Father was a Master Mason of the third degree and my mother was Eastern Star.

Last edited:
I'll let one of the other Masons tackle this one.

I am not a free mason but its roots as i understand them tell me it would be like having a priest in the Catholic church who is athiest or agnostic. doesnt fit. Considering the Rituals are performed out of a Bible.

Ive been very interested in Joining but do not know any Masons in my area personally who i can ask.

From what ive read i think i would feel at home. Just need to find a few masons.

I'll let one of the other Masons tackle this one.
well, for example, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn was started by Dr. William Robert Woodman, William Wynn Westcott, and Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers who were all Freemason and also Rosecrucians, which is also a Masonic body. The purpose of the Golden Dawn was the study of Magick and the Kabbalah. the Rosicrucian are an interesting branch of Freemasonry. They have published several books on astrology.

I am not a free mason but its roots as i understand them tell me it would be like having a priest in the Catholic church who is athiest or agnostic. doesnt fit. Considering the Rituals are performed out of a Bible.

Ive been very interested in Joining but do not know any Masons in my area personally who i can ask.

From what ive read i think i would feel at home. Just need to find a few masons.
I bet you do know a few, you probably just don't know it.

Top Bottom