What's new

Free vintage Gillette razors!!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hello again, thank you all for the kind commets!! Of course I will still use my beloved Simpson brushes and my traditional shaving creams and soaps!!! That's a big part of the ritual and joy of a great shave:thumbup:
I will keep posting on this amazing forum!! Now you Gents are a important part of my life:thumbup1: I'm here to help and learn new things every day!!! ;)
Ok. True confessions time lol. Yesterday I was in a hurry. Shaved in the shower with a blue disposable. Good news? Whatever. EXCELLENT SHAVE. But boring, in the sense that I coulda done it blindfolded! But was nice and smooth. And the aftershave was just tingly, not fiery.

Ok. True confessions time lol. Yesterday I was in a hurry. Shaved in the shower with a blue disposable. Good news? Whatever. EXCELLENT SHAVE. But boring, in the sense that I coulda done it blindfolded! But was nice and smooth. And the aftershave was just tingly, not fiery.
Exactly. You can literally shave blindfolded, any number of passes in any direction, while singing in the shower, at warp speed, etc. and it's still almost impossible to cut yourself with today's multiblades. But where's the fun in that?

Exactly. You can literally shave blindfolded, any number of passes in any direction, while singing in the shower, at warp speed, etc. and it's still almost impossible to cut yourself with today's multiblades. But where's the fun in that?
I really wanted to like DE shaving, but DE blades are just to aggressive in my skin!! Trust me I tried all the different blades out there, Iridiums, Polsilvers, Sputnik, Perma-sharp, Gillette Rubie, Gillette silver blues, Astras, tiger and billions more..etc..etc..etc..!!! And I always had the same results especially in my neck irritation and ingrown hairs!! I used different methods even pre-shaves, cold water, warm water, oils, lotions, no pressure, etc!!!.... So I finally decided to give up!! I also used tons of different razors from mild to aggressive, slants, open comb!! And no improvements at all.!! My skin is very sensitive to friction and since I started shaving with the Mach3 everything changed, no more ingrown hair or razor burn!! 3 pass shave with, across abd against and the results always BBS no nicks, no cuts and more important no nasty ingrown hairs!! I miss the ritual of DE shaving but at the end of the day what really matters is the quality of the shave, so overall I'm so happy that after 5 years of trying different razors and methods I finally found something that really works for me!! And most important my skin really appreciate it! :yesnod: Anyways is still Badger & Blade or I should say Badger and 3blades!! :yikes:

I really wanted to like DE shaving, but DE blades are just to aggressive in my skin!! Trust me I tried all the different blades out there, Iridiums, Polsilvers, Sputnik, Perma-sharp, Gillette Rubie, Gillette silver blues, Astras, tiger and billions more..etc..etc..etc..!!! And I always had the same results especially in my neck irritation and ingrown hairs!! I used different methods even pre-shaves, cold water, warm water, oils, lotions, no pressure, etc!!!.... So I finally decided to give up!! I also used tons of different razors from mild to aggressive, slants, open comb!! And no improvements at all.!! My skin is very sensitive to friction and since I started shaving with the Mach3 everything changed, no more ingrown hair or razor burn!! 3 pass shave with, across abd against and the results always BBS no nicks, no cuts and more important no nasty ingrown hairs!! I miss the ritual of DE shaving but at the end of the day what really matters is the quality of the shave, so overall I'm so happy that after 5 years of trying different razors and methods I finally found something that really works for me!! And most important my skin really appreciate it! :yesnod: Anyways is still Badger & Blade or I should say Badger and 3blades!! :yikes:
I'm glad you've found what works for you. Of course I'm not putting the Mach 3 down, it does work very well, I was a long time user myself. And even if I was the top shaving expert here (I'm certainly not) I wouldn't presume to advise you how you should shave. It really is a very personal thing, as your story shows. My point was historical: the cartridge vanquished the double-edged blade because, for most, it was faster and easier to use and almost never drew blood. The styptic pencil instantly became a relic. For me, and I suspect many others, the results are about the same, although switching from can to soap and brush was a major improvement for me, as I long suspected it would be. I was just too lazy to do it years earlier.

I'm new here but have seen more generosity with material items as well as vast knowledge than anywhere I've ever been.

Hugh

I'm not sure if this is a regular PIF, or what, but if so, I'm in. This is fantastic generosity. This particular internet community contains some particularly fine people!

Top Bottom