What's new

Free vintage Gillette razors!!

Wow !!!....I can't remember hitting a jackpot before !...Shaving Zone , you're a first class guy....Glad to hear you will stick around, and that classic brushes , creams, soaps and aftershaves will still grace your arsenal.... I will choose one and pass the other 3 on to members of the forum... I'll make sure and send a few nice creams your way , a million thanks !
Malocchio, thank you for the very kind words, and also thank you in advance for your generosity!! It's always very exited to try new shaving creams!!

xxxxx Never knew about this site , but sounds like a plan . I want the 3 Fat Boys to be gifted fairly and this sounds like the fairest way for sure...Also , I wish to thank all the members for their words of kindnesss !! Really appreciated !

Maybe start a new thread and everyone who comments gets a number in chronological order starting with #1 or everyone who's in they type the word "random" and get a number from the person doing the drawing, announce a closing time, then video the drawing after all the people are listed in comment section below? (One name per entry, no duplicate names minimum of 50 posts?)

Example:
1. Persons sn (First comment)
2. Persons sn (Second comment)...etc etc

Last edited:
Maybe start a new thread and everyone who comments gets a number in chronological order starting with #1 or everyone who's in they type random and get a number from the person doing the drawing, announce a closing time, then video the drawing after all the people are listed in comment section below?

Example:
1. Persons sn (First comment)
2. Persons sn (Second comment)...etc etc
+1 good idea honey badger:a14:

Big THANKS to all for such kind commets, and good luck with the Fats!!! I wish I have one Fatboy for each member of the forum!! :yesnod:

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between razors and blades, between shaving brushes and lather, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Shaving Zone.
FB_IMG_1464505697374_20170218205335489.jpg

Hi,

Every time I see this thread pop back up, I think of this:

Free! Free!
A Trip to Mars!
For 10,000
Empty Jars!
Burma Shave

That was way back in the 1930s. And, someone actually saved enough jars. Guy ran a drug store and got folks to save him the jars. Took over a decade, but since these roadside signs were around a lot longer, they were still up. Poor Burma Shave! What to do? They can't actually send him to Mars! So, they sent him and his wife to Maars, Germany and to the Mars candy plant, and gave him a bunch of Mars candy. Everyone was happy in the end.

As will be the winners here. :)

Stan - Not in, but having fun anyway.

What a cool thing to do. I still shave my head with the reliable Mach III but love the relaxing morning ritual of DE shaving. Never felt like that with cartridges, but more power to you. I'm in Japan and searching hard for a vintage razor to replace the $9 Feather I have (which works like a champ). So I'm in and thanks for your generosity.

@The Shaving Zone , you may want to hang on to one DE razor for a first pass on the occasion that you have 3+ days growth. I found all multi blade cartridges clog prone. Just an idea to extend the life of the higher priced option. Thanks for your generous donation to this community.

It's not a shame at all. You see DE guys all over the web (most of whom have been using a DE for less than 24 months) explaining that carts are not even 'real razors.'

Carts virtually eliminated the DE razor over 40 years ago because most men get a closer, smoother shave from a cart. The market share proves it. I think the Atra is a phenomenal shaver. The Injector improved. I use a Timeless, Wolfman and a Rockwell 6S and Atra's and Hydro 3. The carts provide as close or closer shave no question. It's not technique as I've been at this for years.

Congrats on the Mach 3 and better shaves! That's what matters.
As one of those guys who switched from a DE to a cartridge 40 years ago (as a teen who still wasn't shaving every day), I can only partially agree with that. It's not that the cartridges gave a closer, smoother shave, it's the big increase in convenience and ease of use that made them successful, as well as the massive marketing campaign, of course. Suddenly it became almost impossible to cut yourself while shaving, no matter have fast or sloppy you were. Styptic pencil? What's that? And no more worry about the spot of blood on the collar that could permanently ruin a good business shirt, especially if allowed to set.
I'd love to have one of those vintage razors since they remind me of my father. But I can't pretend I need more than one razor.

Hi,

Every time I see this thread pop back up, I think of this:

Free! Free!
A Trip to Mars!
For 10,000
Empty Jars!
Burma Shave

That was way back in the 1930s. And, someone actually saved enough jars. Guy ran a drug store and got folks to save him the jars. Took over a decade, but since these roadside signs were around a lot longer, they were still up. Poor Burma Shave! What to do? They can't actually send him to Mars! So, they sent him and his wife to Maars, Germany and to the Mars candy plant, and gave him a bunch of Mars candy. Everyone was happy in the end.

As will be the winners here. :)

Stan - Not in, but having fun anyway.
18399853375_217cdac10c_m.jpg

Very generous of you.
Being in India, It is impossible to get hold of any vintage DE razor, Even the modern ones are not easily sourceable. So i want to participate in this and try my luck with this.
I am in.

@The Shaving Zone , you may want to hang on to one DE razor for a first pass on the occasion that you have 3+ days growth. I found all multi blade cartridges clog prone. Just an idea to extend the life of the higher priced option. Thanks for your generous donation to this community.
Rather lather, thank you so much for the very kind words!! I will take your advice for sure, the only de razor I have left it's a Lord tech!! Not planning on buying more DE razors in the near future!! But I will use my Lord once in a while! :)

Very generous of you! If you are willing to ship to Canada, I'm in! I've never used a Fatboy before and I would treasure one.

Top Bottom