What's new

Free scuttle - a loaner for feedback

IMG_5037.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

That's right, The Captain has an intriguing new "program" of sorts. We have a prototype of a new scuttle and need feedback on it from actual users. This one is in our popular Gunmetal glaze. As a prototype it is a starting point from which we will refine. That is where some of the lucky members come in - helping us refine it.

Here is how it will unfold: I will mail the scuttle to the first fellow on the list. He uses it for a few days and then mails it to the second fellow and so on. After each one of you tries it then you come back to this thread and share your candid feedback. Keep us up to date here in this thread. This is limited to five B&B members and we will let random.org select the five.

It will likely retail in the $50.00 - $60.00 range which is normal for a scuttle. This is limited to CONUS only please.

If interested simply say that you are in. Total cost to you is shipping to the next fellow which ought to be about $10.00.

We would ask that once you receive it that you use it in a timely manner and then be willing to forward it on to the next fellow. Thank you.

We will let this run a few days and then pick the five. Good luck!

And yes, the last fellow returns it to The Captain please. Fingers crossed it is in one piece and if not - hey, such is life.

Last edited:
Not in as I’m outside the US but I will say I’m very intrigued by this. I’ve been contemplating a scuttle and one of your bowls and this looks like a great start. Good luck to you and the lucky testers.

I have never used a scuttle, so I have no experience to compare it to, except the CC ceramic bowl. I am willing to participate in the review and passaround.

...difficult to gauge it’s size

Thanks for the tip, here you go. We have this geared to be handier than scuttles that are larger and can be unwieldy. Not seen in the pics but as you grip the handle, your thumb falls right at the spot where the handle joins the scuttle. At that spot it is somewhat indented for the thumb. It is a small feature but boy, does it make it secure in the hand.

IMG_5044.jpeg
IMG_5043.jpeg

Thanks for the tip, here you go. We have this geared to be handier than scuttles that are larger and can be unwieldy. Not seen in the pics but as you grip the handle, your thumb falls right at the spot where the handle joins the scuttle. At that spot it is somewhat indented for the thumb. It is a small feature but boy, does it make it secure in the hand.

View attachment 1299662View attachment 1299663
I would put a standard bowl next to it and a brush inside.

and yes big scuttles are heavy and unyielding but you want lather scuttle not a brush one so some room to whip around is soooo comfy…. Hmm maybe a ceramic or yaaiks plastic outside to contain the thin copper captain as a removable inside bowl…

but again a nice design once they will hit our shores for sure ;-)

View attachment 1299662View attachment 1299663
couldn't you have used a bigger bill?
rim shot.gif

Okay guys, it looks like @Adjustingtolife, @emwolf, @ewk, @Davidkimberly are in!

Here is how the scuttle will travel:

1. We ship in the order above which is the sequence of those expressing interest.
2. I will ship to @Adjustingtolife.
3. He will use it a few days and then ship to @emwolf, and so on.
4. Lastly, @Davidkimberly will return it to me.
5. To find out the address, simply PM the person here on B&B.

Here is what I would like you to share right here in this thread:

1. Give your candid evaluation. You aren't going to hurt any feelings - please be honest. That is the best way for us to refine this prototype. How can it be better?

I will ship it out once I hear back from @Adjustingtolife and we will be under way!

~ The Captain

Top Bottom