What's new

GIVEAWAY! Free Razor Blades - November Newbie Blade PIF

Welcome new members!! Want some free razor blades?

I will be picking a new member to PIF (Pay It Forward) a double edge razor blade sample pack.

For this PIF the rules are simple - Just post in this thread "I'm in".

This PIF is open to all new members that have registered on B & B since January 1, 2022. New members worldwide are eligible.

The winner will receive a selection of 20 different blades from the list here:
The Great Blade Exchange v2

I'll pick a winner in 7 - 10 days.
Good luck!

If you have blades you would like to donate to the Great Blade Exchange, please PM me.

As always, thanks for doing this for new members! As a previous winner of this generous PIF, I am respectfully not in.

Respectfully not in, but another past winner giving this a bump for visibility. Highly recommend anyone new to the forum who hasn’t tried many blades yet get in!

Welcome new members!! Want some free razor blades?

I will be picking a new member to PIF (Pay It Forward) a double edge razor blade sample pack.

For this PIF the rules are simple - Just post in this thread "I'm in".

This PIF is open to all new members that have registered on B & B since January 1, 2022. New members worldwide are eligible.

The winner will receive a selection of 20 different blades from the list here:
The Great Blade Exchange v2

I'll pick a winner in 7 - 10 days.
Good luck!

If you have blades you would like to donate to the Great Blade Exchange, please PM me.
Hi all,

I am very new to wet shaving (I believe it's called). Just bought a King C gillette razor and blades included. I just bought the Derby (green pack) and the feather (yellow pack). Hated the Derby but I think I may have just got a bad blade - I just started reading other reviews talking about the bad blade error. Anyway I threw them out.

Would appreciate a sampler pack if it's still available. I wanted to swap in the other 2x swap section but I don't have the privileges to post there yet. Anyway, would be grateful for a sampler or a swap (I have King C Gillette and Feather).

Not sure how to PM.

Kiran

Hi all,

I am very new to wet shaving (I believe it's called). Just bought a King C gillette razor and blades included. I just bought the Derby (green pack) and the feather (yellow pack). Hated the Derby but I think I may have just got a bad blade - I just started reading other reviews talking about the bad blade error. Anyway I threw them out.

Would appreciate a sampler pack if it's still available. I wanted to swap in the other 2x swap section but I don't have the privileges to post there yet. Anyway, would be grateful for a sampler or a swap (I have King C Gillette and Feather).

Not sure how to PM.

Kiran
Hi Kiran,

Welcome to B&B! Excellent starter razor - that was mine too. The KCG blades go very well with the razor. And if you are very new to wet shaving, how are you getting along? Drama free shaves already or still in the works?

Obviously there are many roads to Babylon, but what worked for me is first stick to the blades I had until I felt enough comfort in the shave before venturing out too early in the game. The blades you now have (KCG and Feather) are in the sharper side of the spectrum already. After that initial period of a couple of weeks a blade sampler would be a good idea (I made the mistake of buying everything in bulk at once sometimes even without testing - turned out ok, but I should have gotten a sampler).

Enjoy your shaves!

Guido

Hi Kiran,

Welcome to B&B! Excellent starter razor - that was mine too. The KCG blades go very well with the razor. And if you are very new to wet shaving, how are you getting along? Drama free shaves already or still in the works?

Obviously there are many roads to Babylon, but what worked for me is first stick to the blades I had until I felt enough comfort in the shave before venturing out too early in the game. The blades you now have (KCG and Feather) are in the sharper side of the spectrum already. After that initial period of a couple of weeks a blade sampler would be a good idea (I made the mistake of buying everything in bulk at once sometimes even without testing - turned out ok, but I should have gotten a sampler).

Enjoy your shaves!

Guido
Sorry, but this pif is over. But I’ll be having another blade pif in December.

Hi Kiran,

Enjoy your shaves!

Guido
Thanks Guido.

No real drama shaving. I really love the feathers, but I think they dull quite quickly. I might need to use a strop or something like that.

I just got a sampler pack from someone online I bought some soaps from.

If you guys are interested his channel is shavingdownunder on Youtube.

Has some nice soaps and other items that he's reviewed online for sale.

Will try out the new packs and keep you updated.

Kind Regards,

Kiran

If you ever consider stropping a Feather - there is only one place you can go. The definitive source of Feather Longevity - @LJBraaten :ouch1:

Guido
You mean you want the feather to be sharper or do you mean to use it for longer?

I'm quite new so I'm not sure if you can make the feather sharper (just a guess).

Top Bottom