What's new

GIVEAWAY! Free - New release promotion!

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7482.jpg

We are pleased to announce our scuttle and lather bowl in the newest color, Sage. Read more right here and here.

To get them into the hands of customers while this production run is still in stock we are happy to announce a contest not to be missed. Why, you ask? Because there are three chances to win - yes, three. (Just don't tell the First Mate or I'll have a mutiny on hand.).

This is CONUS only please. Winner will be selected by random.org. Each of the three winners will be able to choose between either the Sage scuttle or the Sage lather bowl. Will let this run a bit and then announce who random.org selected. Good luck to each one of you!

Here is how you enter:

1. Tell us what has surprised you about being here on B&B.

Although I just joined the first of this year, I had checked in here a few times over the years when researching different razors. So I already knew about the abundance of information on all things shaving. Since joining, what has surprised me is the number of PIF's and giveaways such as this. I've now given away a couple of small PIF's myself, it's fun!

I’m in.

The wealth of information available here and the HUGE variety of razors, blades and so on and so on that make this a place I enjoy hanging out.

View attachment 1500466

View attachment 1500470

We are pleased to announce our scuttle and lather bowl in the newest color, Sage. Read more right here and here.

To get them into the hands of customers while this production run is still in stock we are happy to announce a contest not to be missed. Why, you ask? Because there are three chances to win - yes, three. (Just don't tell the First Mate or I'll have a mutiny on hand.).

This is CONUS only please. Winner will be selected by random.org. Each of the three winners will be able to choose between either the Sage scuttle or the Sage lather bowl. Will let this run a bit and then announce who random.org selected. Good luck to each one of you!

Here is how you enter:

1. Tell us what has surprised you about being here on B&B.
Since joining B&B I’m continuously surprised by the variety of shaving products. I often browse through the reviews on soaps and AS. Another thing I’m constantly surprised with is the hospitality and warm welcome extended to the newbies. I haven’t found a better place to relax and review all the members SoTD.

What surprised me is how many other things I have discovered that I enjoy for the same reasons I enjoy wet shaving, the process. Since joining I have started writing letters and working on my penmanship, smoking the brown leaf in a cob pipe and really enjoying the flavor nuances of different whiskeys and scotches. The other thing that surprised me at first was the kindness and gentlemanly behavior here. It's become such the expectation now that I often find myself here just to enjoy the kind, helpful, funny, uplifting and encouraging posts among the members.

I am in and thanks :)

what has surprised me :) just how nice and generous everyone is and truly help each other !

also just how much I have learned and gotten into a whole new hobby and now love to shave and actually look forward to it :)

the activity level with things going on keeps it moving and fun to participate also :)

and so much more :)

I am constantly surprised by the generosity of the members and vendors. This can be expressed in the sharing of information, advice, or past experience. If someone asks a question, it doesn't take very long to get an answer. If someone mentions an interest in a product, soon after someone else will offer a source or sometimes a PIF of the actual item. Where else would one find this level of interaction between total strangers?

I'm surprised by the huge knowledge base here; in ALL aspects of shaving! No matter where my shaving journeys take me, I have been able to find info, help, recommendations, etc.. What a fabulous resource!
As an added bonus, there are some really good folks here too! 😎

I was surprised by 1) how friendly people are, 2) the huge variety of shaving products that exist, and 3) the B&B forums unrelated to shaving for fun or conversation about other topics, which draw people closer as friends as you learn more about them.

When I first found this forum many years ago, I was surprised at how many vintage razors were out there, how much information there was about them, how different they all were, and how some models were rare, and how people actually collected these things and compared them, and rated them, and devoted countless hours researching subtle differences and nuances between each razor. An entire hobby built upon shaving one's face?

Where else, but in his shave, can a common man experience the same things as a king?

I was hooked. The end.

My deep thought for the day:
I've noticed there are two types of people on these forums. Collectors who shave, and Shavers who collect. The first one shaves to master his tools, the second uses his tools to master the shave.

I've been here a long time...usually as a lurker. Years ago, this place was bad mouthed on another shaving forum numerous times and I was very active in it- until I said a few negative things about the owner's homemade soaps. Booted right out! Came here and found out that everyone was helpful and enjoyed the same interests as me. I'm still a lurker 99% of the time, but read through old posts especially every day. Super glad to have been booted from the other place. :c1:

I am a lurker, joined in 2012 when I got into wet shaving. B&B has been a great resource over the years. I stopped and recently got back into wet shaving and B&B has not changed ever since and have always been helpful.

What has surprised me

1) The friendliness and generosity of the members. There are always PIFs going around and folks will actually take the time and effort to do a little research in order to answer someone's question. This is the only forum I'm on where people actually approached me to welcome me here.

2) The huge amount of knowledge available---and not just about shaving either. Books, movies, firearms, traveling, etc.

3) The great job the Mods do. Some forums the Mods are overbearing and others are too relax in their standards.

Top Bottom