What's new

FREE Lime samples from Captain's Choice - Take Two!

1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? the scent was lime with a hint of bay rum (the first sample had much more but I still get a hint of bay rum)

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? A gentle sting very pleasant

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? the finish is strong very hydrating it seems to me there is witch hazel in this which gives that healing quality to the dry down

4. How long did the scent last for you? 20 mins or so

5. Would you buy this product? Preliminary price would be $18.00 for the four ounce bottle, just like our other two aftershaves. yes I will be purchasing the final product, I have enjoyed both versions

6. How can it be better? I like the hint of bay rum, maybe a touch more, the first sample had much more bay rum spice this has a hint? Or maybe I am imagining that due to the expectation from the first sample, but I like the combination of the lime and bay rum, a little bit more bay rum, maybe?

Very nice scent, lime is not overpowering. Goes on cool no sting at all. Seems to feel like it dried out face. The smell dissipates after five minutes. I would like the smell to last hours (I know won't happen with after shave but the scent is that good)

It arrived yesterday and I used it today after shaving with my Cobra.

The scent- perfect. Not overly Limey. Good amount of citrus but not overpowering.
The application- No real sting. Although I use an Alum block after I shave and before I put on AS.
the finah- It feels great! No problems scent is there but not overpowering and my wife loves it.
How long does it last- ill let you know later today.
Would I buy it???? YES! I wouldn't think twice about it.
Hiw can it be better? The scent itself is fine. Not having tried ab actual bottle that you sell I would just want a top that regulates the flow of the product so that I don't end up with too much in my hand. I don't want to waste the stuff:)

thanks for letting me try it. Now I know another thing that my wife can get me!!

1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? the scent was lime with a hint of bay rum- really enjoyed the freshness of the li e scent

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? A slight sting- i love the CONT. would love more burn.

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? the finish is good for my face and feels refreshed after for hours.

4. How long did the scent last for you? 15 minutes

5. Would you buy this product? Preliminary price would be $18.00 for the four ounce bottle, just like our other two aftershaves. yes I will be purchasing the final product- again would love a combo CONT/Lime product.

6. How can it be better? I like the product. Like others have discussed I only wish it hung around lnger- both the lime and BR smell. But this has been discussed previously and it seems that this is just how this type of product will perform. No way around it. But I love the product and will continue to buy all 3 varieties.

First off, I would like to say that I have been lucky enough to have tried both versions of The Captain's Lime AS. This second batch is a vast improvement over the first. Just like the original Captain's Choice Bay Rum, this is an excellent AS.

1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? The scent was a natural, zesty LIME. It was great!

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? Just like the original Bay Rum, it felt wonderful going on. A slight burn which went way quickly.

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? My face felt great, soft & moisturized.

4. How long did the scent last for you? About 30 mins.

5. Would you buy this product? Preliminary price would be $18.00 for the four ounce bottle, just like our other two aftershaves. Absolutely!

6. How can it be better? I think it is fine the way it is. Even my SWMBO loved it and said I should buy it ASAP when it's released.

IMHO You Have A Winner Captain.
:biggrin1:

Received a free sample along with a contest winning new packaging, Captains Choice Bay Rum. I purchased a sample of the 1st Lime and was underwhelmed with the scent,,,the performance was OK, but was not sure of purchase if it was manufactured in that form?

1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? Great Lime, just right!

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? A nice not harsh burn

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? Face felt good and smooth.
4. How long did the scent last for you? 20 mins.

5. Would you buy this product? Preliminary price would be $18.00 for the four ounce bottle, just like our other two aftershaves. Yes, am very ready to purchase!

6. How can it be better? I am very satisfied with this formulation

Looking forward to the new Captains Choice Lime!!

1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? The scent is excellent, not overpowering but still strong enough to let you know you are applying Lime AS. It is a very natural scent.

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? The sting was surprisingly refreshing, more than I originally expected and very welcome.

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? Face felt smooth, conditioned, and quite good.

4. How long did the scent last for you? The scent only lasted about 10-15 minutes. I used a fairly small amount, definitely less than normal, this being my first application. I will use a little more tomorrow to see if the scent will last a bit longer. I'm not sure how long the scent from a normal application of this will last. Lime is obviously a fleeting scent, but it's very pleasant when I apply it.

5. Would you buy this product? Preliminary price would be $18.00 for the four ounce bottle, just like our other two aftershaves. This product is excellent. $18 is a higher price than a lot of AS out there, but looking at the list of all natural ingredients, I think it's more than worth the price. I would definltely use this in a rotation though, not an every-day driver because of the price.

6. How can it be better? I really like this AS as is.

Thanks again for letting me test this AS!

The scent -- the scent is very clean and natural. I really like it.

The application -- Definitely a little sting to it. Not as bad as Clubman but enough to wake you up. The sting did not last long though.

The finish -- Nice and smooth but I think it dried my face out a little bit. Seems to happen whenever I use a splash.

How long did the scent last -- I think this is the biggest weakness. I think the scent was gone very quickly. I wish it lasted a little longer.

Would I buy it -- If the scent lasted longer I probably would but as is I can't say that I would for $18. I might but can't say for sure.

How can it be better -- For me, if the scent lasted longer and it didn't dry my face out I would love it. I don't know if it's possible for a splash do that but it would be nice.

The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? The Scent Was Perfect, It stays true to the Lime.

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? A Nice and Gentle Sting, A few seconds after application there was A Cooling effect.

3. The finish - I Shave My arms Regularly, And This Seemed To Moisturize Them A Little.

4. How long did the scent last for you? 15 - 20 Mins

5. Would you buy this product?: Yes, Definitely. I Really Like it.

6. How can it be better? It Is Great the way it is, don't change it.

1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? - True lime scent with just a hint of spice. Less spice than the first sample.

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? - A hint of sting upon application. Just the way I lin

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? - Facel feels nice, smooth & moisturized.

4. How long did the scent last for you? - 15-20 minutes. This is my first Lime scented AS and from what I've heard and read this scent is not long lasting.

5. Would you buy this product? Preliminary price would be $18.00 for the four ounce bottle, just like our other two aftershaves. - I most definitely would

6. How can it be better? - Personally, I wouldn't mind some menthol in this. I'm pretty sure I'll be adding some once I buy a bottle.

Today I used more than my original application. I washed my hands with warm water after applying skipping the soap. I could notice the scent for about 20 minutes but later, I could still smell it when I touched my face for a good two hours. Either it lasts longer on my hands, or the scent lasts longer than I thought on my face, I just can't smell it very easily.

OK, so after 1 use, I sent the good captain my initial impressions over PM. After using it for a while, here is my full review.

1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? The scent is very nice, a little too weak for my tastes, but it is a great lime scent. Another thing I noticed about the scent. I know the good Captain has siad that this was pure lime, but there is something familiar about it. It is unmistakably a Captain's Choice product. Something deep in the base notes is very similar to CCBR. Must be due to a commonality in the pre-scented product.

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? The product feels great, no sting or burn whatsoever. The Captain makes a nice smooth product.

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? My face feels great after using it, just like after using CCBR.

4. How long did the scent last for you? I'd say the scent lasted about 20 minutes. After 30 minutes there was no scent detectable at all.

5. Would you buy this product? Preliminary price would be $18.00 for the four ounce bottle, just like our other two aftershaves. For me, the answer would be no. I appreciate the effort that went into makeing a pure natural lime scent. But I like a scent that lasts. I realize that is a contradiction with natural lime scents since they are inherantly fleeting.

6. How can it be better? I had the same sence of "something is missing" as when I use my Godrej Lime SC. It smells cool, but doesn't feel cool. I think this product would definitely benefit from a dose of menthol.

On a side note, I had hoped this would have been a Bay Rum with Lime product, since I really enjoy that blend. So I decided to play a little bit with the CCL and CCBR. Even after mixing 2 parts CCL with 1 part CCBR, the bay rum scent completely overpowered the lime. Oh well.

I bought the sampler and received it last Saturday. I love the scent of the lime, but it faded too quickly. I would really like the scent to linger more. I may mix it with Cat O' Nine Tails to make Cat O' Lime Tails. I don't think I would buy the Lime by itself.

I just tried my lime sample today. As far as the scent goes, I liked it but would have liked less of a rum presence in the sample. Its subtle but it is definitely there. It applies well but I am one of those that likes a good sting in my aftershave especially in my summer months. I little more sting would be welcome. The biggest strength of the aftershave is the finish. It dries down very well and it is very moisturizing for an aftershave. My face still feels smooth 4 hrs after application.
I would buy this product mostly on the strength of the long term post shave feel-its outstanding. I would like a little more sting and the scent tweeked a little.

Top Bottom