What's new

Free Honing (if you can’t do it yourself)

So I’ve acquired some new toys over the last few weeks/months and I’m always playing with different razors from my pile to test different stones. Honing and re-honing the same few test blades. So if anyone has a razor out there that they’d like me to hone for them, I’m glad to do it. First 2 to PM me that meets the conditions below are in.

1. You are unable to hone your own razors and usually have to pay someone to do it for you.
  2. It’s in relatively good shape. I can certainly be dull, but I’m not looking for troubled messes.
  3. Willing to let me hold onto the blade for a week or two.

In return, I’ll send it back with your choice of a coticule, JNAT or Escher finish. (I have synthetic options as well, but prefer natural). I’ll cover return shipping.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
THis is really a win win situation. Very generous for both parties IMHO

Thanks guys. I have plenty of razors and would rather create the edges for someone else who can't themselves.

I've got 2 already, but can take one or two more if anyone else is interested.

Thanks a ton Obiwan
Super new to straights just had my first straight shave yesterday. I'll have to post a journal soon here

Thanks for all the PMs guys. I've got 6 to keep me busy for the immediate future. I'll post another. Similar offer as free time permits in the next few weeks.

Just an update: I got 2 of my razors honed by David and they are sharp as can be but very smooth been shaving with them for a while now. He did 2 Boker King Cutters for me

Can't think him enough for helping me learn to hone and doing 2 of my razors for free. Kept me in the straight razors and away from resorting to DE's before I got another razor shave ready
Slowly learning with my Norton 1k + Coti to get a sharp edge, but at least I have something to compare it to

Thought I'd just update this thread and say thanks!

Darn, I totally missed out on this! I've been struggling with honing using sanding films up to 12K and then going to newspaper and leather. I don't even own a known shave ready razor! Oh well maybe when my GD66's arrive I'll trade one with stuff to rescale it for a honing of my other razors.

Good on ya for doing his!

-Xander

I just received a razor back from Obiwan and the edge was awesome! Thanks again for the honing and helping me decide how I want to keep up my razors.

I'm interested in your generous offer. I'd like to restore the one I've recently purchased, I can clean and polish but haven't any material for hone.

Top Bottom