What's new

FrankenVEGTAlloW soap...do you?!

Hi,
I found like I like to mix sometimes soap, especially to bring the scent to suit better my taste when I don't like it too much.

Till know I got some really good results, and sometimes even performance improvement.

Now I'm thinking to mix a vegan soap with a tallow bases soap (till now I did only tallow+tallow), can this mix create a problem?

I got a soap fig scented, but is too sweet floral for me, would like to make more earthy.

No problem at all.

There are a couple of ways to do it if you want the scents to be fairly evenly mixed:

1) Grate both pucks, mix together, press into a container;

2) If you have full pucks of each, just cut each puck in half, then place them together into a container. As you lather with a brush, you will go over the entire surface and pick up approximately equal amounts of both soaps.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've used a brush that I ain't rinsed in a long time that no one knows what kind mix it is with usually great results.

No problem whatsoever in mixing soaps together despite the ingredients. You could mix a M&P with a tallow, bath soap with a Vegan, or anything inbetween. JUST MAKE SURE NOT TO MICROWAVE TALLOW SOAPS they will burn rather than melt. As mentioned grating would be the best option or of they are soft soaps some sort of mixing.

Have made many frankensoaps 1 of which was a mix of about 12 different soaps that I still have in the den. Sometimes the scents blend beautifully and other times not so much but that's part of the experiment and have yet to create something unusable. To make your soap more earthy some VETIVER OIL or scented soap might be what you are looking for depending on how earthy you want it to be. Have fun and let us know how it turns out!

Totally up to you!

I (mostly) prefer tallow soaps. But there are some great vegan options that also work for me.

To make your soap more earthy some VETIVER OIL or scented soap might be what you are looking for depending on how earthy you want it to be. Have fun and let us know how it turns out!

Indeed my original idea is to mix my fig soap with a bit of Vetiver soap, you red my mind.

Does exist some other FIG-VETIVIER soap?! I'm interested in how they can blend together.

I think combo soaps are fun to mess around with. This is a good way to tone down a soap that is too strongly scented, or add a bit of scent to one that is lacking. It can also boost the lathering qualities of soaps that are difficult to lather. Use up the last of your soap samples, etc.

Indeed my original idea is to mix my fig soap with a bit of Vetiver soap, you red my mind.

Does exist some other FIG-VETIVIER soap?! I'm interested in how they can blend together.

Not that I'm aware of. That combo sounds AMAZING!!! hopefully they blend well together, you should give it a shot.

Frankensoap done, at the end I mixed together two vegetal artisan soap, the KEPKINH Greek soap with Fig-Wood scent (more fig than wood) and an Italian artisan soap (vegetal) with pure Vetiver.

Result great great scent, my mind was correct, I still get the Fig in front ,but the Vetiver make the scent less sweet and more masquiline. Soap performance fantastic.

Top Bottom