What's new

Frankensoaps

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I remember seeing some posts on various threads regarding the combination of two (or more) soaps into a new Frankensoap that performs better than the sum of its parts.

Thiis subject is certainly intriguing. :)

Please share your suggestions for the best Frankensoaps you have created and used.

Thank you. :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Interesting Thread, sometimes when I have a soap remnants from lathering bowl that are to good to toss . I will take a cream like Nivea and mix it in with the other soap to see what I will create. Usually the combo creates a very good lather with the new cream or soap usually always dominates the scent because the existing soap has given up it's scent to a certain degree.
No harm in trying to blend your own creation of Frankensoap. (If it's a flop don't mention it :yikes: )

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Interesting Thread, sometimes when I have a soap remnants from lathering bowl that are to good to toss . I will take a cream like Nivea and mix it in with the other soap to see what I will create. Usually the combo creates a very good lather with the new cream or soap usually always dominates the scent because the existing soap has given up it's scent to a certain degree.
No harm in trying to blend your own creation of Frankensoap. (If it's a flop don't mention it :yikes: )

And......it's all for SCIENCE! :)

Here is my Frankensoap. I had RazorRock XXX and was not terribly impressed. I also had Sharp Dressed Man from Stirling, which also did not greatly impress me. Both were fine, but not great. So I had an idea. Since they had similar scents, I warmed them in the microwave and mixed the 2. My hybrid soap that resulted is one of my best shaving soaps. You never know what you will get if you experiment a little.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Here is my Frankensoap. I had RazorRock XXX and was not terribly impressed. I also had Sharp Dressed Man from Stirling, which also did not greatly impress me. Both were fine, but not great. So I had an idea. Since they had similar scents, I warmed them in the microwave and mixed the 2. My hybrid soap that resulted is one of my best shaving soaps. You never know what you will get if you experiment a little.

A very interesting sounding combination! 👍

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have not made one yet but I have some soap remains set aside to give it a try. I have Proraso White, Green and Red, Pino Silvestre Shaving soap and soon to have the remains of a Cella tub as well.

I made a Frankenstick that works so well and smells so great, it almost makes me angry....like - why the heck do I keep buying more soaps when I could just use this thing ?!?!

It's a mix of samples, i liked all of them individually, but the amount of choices in my soap drawer was getting to be too much for my rotation, and my big jar of samples was getting too full.

Proraso- white & blue, Cella brick, B&M Latha's- (Oceana, Limon, Lavanda), Dapper Dragon- Terre du Dragon....and a few tiny little bits of (new/unused) really nice smelling slick bath soaps sprinkled into the mix, Heno de Pravia (super slick olive oil based) and Brut Revolution (great modern aquatic scent and cool clear blue color/slick glycerin)

Last edited:
I bought Arko stick but didn't care for the scent. I pressed it into a container, and the two pucks of hasslinger. There got a bit mixed in the process. The Arko scent vanished and the result is excellent!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Murphy and McNeil soaps have a great post-shave slickness, so I threw two M&M samples on top of a recent Frankensoap - making it even better!

Made a leather/cherry combo recently, and with a new chocolate soap, going to add it to ... Something!

AA

Experimentation can be fun... 👨‍🔬

Promega = Proraso White Tub + Omega Tub
Proraso White with a hit of eucalyptus and lanolin.​

Ringelblumenmilch = Haslinger Schafmilch + Marigold
Schafmilch with a nicer scent​

Coconig = Haslinger Coconut + Haslinger Honey
Nice performing soap with a sweet scent​

Spalobra = Speick stick+ Valobra stick
A BMW engineer shaving in Dracula's castle.​

Cella Sandal = Cella + a bit of Proraso Red
Almond with sandalwood and shea butter​
Wilkinson de Provence = Pre de Provence with a bit of Wilkinson Sword stick
Hanging up the wash to dry in a French garden​

Omarco = Don Marco + a bit of Omega Tub
Bergamot, Neroli and eucalyptus with lanolin​

Shannon's Soaps Barbershop sample blended with Cremo makes it even slicker.

My near legendary Cremogena is what I measure all other soaps against.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Experimentation can be fun... 👨‍🔬

Promega = Proraso White Tub + Omega Tub
Proraso White with a hit of eucalyptus and lanolin.​

Ringelblumenmilch = Haslinger Schafmilch + Marigold
Schafmilch with a nicer scent​

Coconig = Haslinger Coconut + Haslinger Honey
Nice performing soap with a sweet scent​

Spalobra = Speick stick+ Valobra stick
A BMW engineer shaving in Dracula's castle.​

Cella Sandal = Cella + a bit of Proraso Red
Almond with sandalwood and shea butter​
Wilkinson de Provence = Pre de Provence with a bit of Wilkinson Sword stick
Hanging up the wash to dry in a French garden​

Omarco = Don Marco + a bit of Omega Tub
Bergamot, Neroli and eucalyptus with lanolin​

Some fascinating combinations. :)

Will definitely try the Coconig. :)

That does sound good. What did you do to combine them?

I had used over half of each soap. So I just transferred the remaining soap from one container to the other and mushed it around with a soup spoon, and then flattened it out with the spoon followed by my finger. I often use this technique to flatten out soap after it develops an indentation/hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have grated together a puck of Williams with a sample puck of LYS Dragon's blood and was pleasantly surprised.
Awesome lather, nice & creamy with an interesting fresh scent.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

My last Frankensoap consisted of: MWF, AoS tallow formula, part of a Tabac stick, and Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife.

Top Bottom