What's new

Franken soaps your own mixes

Hello all this is a chance to show off your mixing skills to change or improve your own soaps from existing artisan and Main Stream soaps.

Here are a couple I have done
1. Macao root, cellar red tub and RazoRock tight buns.
2. Here is my favorite now unobtainium Htgm gondolier 8oz, Htgm coconut bay rum 8oz, imperial shave soap 6oz, Htgm meta nectar 4oz, RazoRock preshave prickley pear 4 oz, and finally yeti snot 4oz. These were microwave melted slowly mixed and refregirated to reharden.
Great smell and plenty of menthol because of the yeti snot.

I have also done this to condense left overs to try mixing different products.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Mashed all my samples together out of boredom. :stuart:

I have no idea what, exactly, it smells like – but the performance is excellent!

AA

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Mashed all my samples together out of boredom. :stuart:

I have no idea what, exactly, it smells like – but the performance is excellent!

AA

Same here. It was many years ago when I first got into DE shaving but I mashed a bunch of unscented soaps together. I think it was Mike's, Mystic Waters, and B&M (may have included some other stuff, can't remember). The shaves from that franken-soap were excellent.

I grated half a stick of Arko with a puck of Williams. Nice blend of the slickness of Williams with the lathering power of Arko.

I received three Stirling samples, none of which I particularly liked with regard to scent: Port-au-Prince, Margaritas in the Arctic and Gin & Tonic. In particular, the MITA's menthol was so strong that I was shaving through my tears (with regard to menthol I am obviously a wimp). The three together perform well, as you would expect, and I find the combined smell and menthol strength to be very pleasant.

1 puck Haslinger Schafmilch (lambs milk)
1 puck Haslinger Sandleholz (sandalwood)
1 Puck Fine American Blend

Each puck on its own was pretty darn good, but none of them really stood out in my current collection. The three mixed though. OMG! It's awesome! The scent is to die!! The clean that is the Halinger, mixed with the barbershop that is the American... Yes Please! Nom, nom. But better yet, the glide is insane! You need only lather once. Seriously! Of course you will not - because the lathers cushion is just fantastic.

I reach for it often. What a lucky fluke!

Haslinger Honig (Honey) and Barrister & Mann Lavanille. An nice combination of scents - the honey lightens up the darkness of the Lavanille and it has great performance.

I have mwf and schafmilch grated together for the fat'has
I also will treat my SV pucks like a stick and rub on my face and then load some fat'has on the brush and face lather

Siliski's Santa's Pipe and Ogallala Bay Rum Vanilla (about 50/50 mix). The Siliski's is a soft soap whole the Ogallala is hard. I had to chip the Ogalalla into bits then stir it into the Siliski's.

It is probably my favorite scent of the 40-ish I've had the pleasure of smelling. It's a sweet, spicy tobacco scent with vanilla overtones that make you wonder if you should shave with it, eat it, or smoke it. Ok, that may be too far... But it's awesome. [emoji16]
proxy.php

Siliski's Santa's Pipe and Ogallala Bay Rum Vanilla (about 50/50 mix). The Siliski's is a soft soap whole the Ogallala is hard. I had to chip the Ogalalla into bits then stir it into the Siliski's.

It is probably my favorite scent of the 40-ish I've had the pleasure of smelling. It's a sweet, spicy tobacco scent with vanilla overtones that make you wonder if you should shave with it, eat it, or smoke it. Ok, that may be too far... But it's awesome. [emoji16]
proxy.php

I can just picture you with a pipe in your mouth, and bubbles emerging from the pipe bowl instead of smoke.

upload_2019-5-10_17-38-2.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Hello all this is a chance to show off your mixing skills to change or improve your own soaps from existing artisan and Main Stream soaps.

Here are a couple I have done
1. Macao root, cellar red tub and RazoRock tight buns.
2. Here is my favorite now unobtainium Htgm gondolier 8oz, Htgm coconut bay rum 8oz, imperial shave soap 6oz, Htgm meta nectar 4oz, RazoRock preshave prickley pear 4 oz, and finally yeti snot 4oz. These were microwave melted slowly mixed and refregirated to reharden.
Great smell and plenty of menthol because of the yeti snot.

I have also done this to condense left overs to try mixing different products.
Arko/Williams. I may do it again.

I took the remainder of my Pasha's Pride and Fougere Bouquet samples from Wholly Kaw and mashed them up together. These scents may or may not "read" like they would work, but dang if it aint right! Smells superb!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I grated a puck of Williams and a stick of Arko, mixed them and pushed them into a rice bowl and ended up with a great lathering soap that was very slick for $2. It has a very pleasant scent as well. Both soaps are citron scented and the Williams diminishes the Arko scent. I did this a couple of years ago but forgot about it until I came across this thread. All in all, the concoction is as good as any soap I’ve ever used. Give it a try. It is definitely an inexpensive experiment. I call
it “Wilko”

Last edited:
Top Bottom