What's new

Frank Sinatra's Den

Here is a pic of Frank shaving in 1965. Anyone want to take a guess at the products on the shelf? I think Vitalis was a hair tonic. I'm guessing he is using a Gillette Slim. W.H must be Witch Hazel. What is with the towel?lol
Sinatra-Shaving.jpg

This is from a book: Sinatra, an Intimate Portrait of a Very Good Year. A photographer for LIFE magazine followed him around for about three months in late 1964 and early 1965, photographing his daily activities. A handful of photos were published in a LIFE article, though some 2000 were taken. In the early '90's, Sinatra was approached about making a book of select photos and he approved it. The book contained some 150 photos but did not get published until after his death, around 1999-2000. A few years ago I found a copy of it on eBay and gave it to my mother, a Sinatra fan, as a Christmas present.

This photo was taken in the locker room of the health club at the Eden Roc hotel in Florida, where Sinatra was
playing. Another photo taken a few minutes earlier shows him in the steam room lathering up with a can of Rise.

I assume the stuff on the shelf, pretty standard for the era, was provided by the health club and didn't belong to Sinatra. It is interesting how carefully he seems to be shaving, with the towel presumably to prevent water from getting on his hair when he rinses his face. I guess he was getting ready for a show.

This is from a book: Sinatra, an Intimate Portrait of a Very Good Year. A photographer for LIFE magazine followed him around for about three months in late 1964 and early 1965, photographing his daily activities. A handful of photos were published in a LIFE article, though some 2000 were taken. In the early '90's, Sinatra was approached about making a book of select photos and he approved it. The book contained some 150 photos but did not get published until after his death, around 1999-2000. A few years ago I found a copy of it on eBay and gave it to my mother, a Sinatra fan, as a Christmas present.

This photo was taken in the locker room of the health club at the Eden Roc hotel in Florida, where Sinatra was
playing. Another photo taken a few minutes earlier shows him in the steam room lathering up with a can of Rise.

Thanks for the backstory!! :a14::a14:

How is that possible? GIT wasn't launched until 1987 by the Creed House.

It was an ad for GIT with a 50's photo of Sinatra. He was reportedly a wearer of both GIT and Bois du Portugal or at least an endorser. He died in '98, but I guess Creed didn't think an old man Sinatra was a great endorsement.

Top Bottom