What's new

Frank shaving G4 synthetic

@Lancman
did you cut that upper collar with a dremel?

Yes, though it melted it more than cut it. On mine I was able to just twist the collar and knot off the body, there was hardly any glue holding it on. In hindsight I could probably have just twisted the knot out of the collar as well, but I didn't want to risk damaging it.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The knot currently resides in a 3D printed handle and I'm enjoying it very much.
View attachment 1262816

Thanks for the inspiration! The knot came out pretty easy. Still had to destroy that upper collar to get it out. But that handle was junk anyways. This is a test print. I have a hardened steel tool head on my printer at the moment with a 0.8 mm nozzle, so there is no way to get a fine level of detail. I may try to print this thing in a metal or wood based filament and see how it comes out. Otherwise I will wait until I put my standard 0.5 mm tool head back in and print it again. This one was printed with 100% infill, and it has a great weight. I use PolyMaker PLA, which is decent stuff. This is a fun endeavor, and I appreciate your passing the idea along! I will post more prints when i make them. Cheers!

2021-05-10 17.02.32.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration! The knot came out pretty easy. Still had to destroy that upper collar to get it out. But that handle was junk anyways. This is a test print. I have a hardened steel tool head on my printer at the moment with a 0.8 mm nozzle, so there is no way to get a fine level of detail. I may try to print this thing in a metal or wood based filament and see how it comes out. Otherwise I will wait until I put my standard 0.5 mm tool head back in and print it again. This one was printed with 100% infill, and it has a great weight. I use PolyMaker PLA, which is decent stuff. This is a fun endeavor, and I appreciate your passing the idea along! I will post more prints when i make them. Cheers!

Looks good, glad it worked out ok. I look forward to seeing what you end up with.
:thumbup:

Just a heads-up for UK viewers - this brush is back on offer at Amazon UK at an even better price. It's currently just £4.67 with the 15% code. It also qualifies for free postage to a local pick-up point with no minimum order requirement. Bit of a bargain if you ask me; it's a very nice knot which is easily removable from the not-so-nice handle. Couldn't resist ordering another one at that price. :001_smile

Amazon Link

It's a good knot if you like dense with relatively high backbone. I got a G4 and a G5 for $14.79 USD shipped on Amazon. Most people will prefer the G4 to the G5 as the G5 is skritchy

I think ill get my next frank shaving G4 from amazon.com rather than .co.uk. the america gets much more in the way of choice and seems to be relatively cheap to ship to the uk.

Top Bottom