What's new

Frank Shaving - Excellent Synthetic Brushes...

Okay I saw on eBay down where sometimes it had sponsor link ad, follow that to Frank's shaving they actually have a pur tec knot in different sizes, 26 millimeter was like $37, and the brush with handles that are followed the link to on alley Express, it said Silvertip and it was like $38 ish, are those the same two knots?

The one I have is $38.99 from aliexpress. They have ebay listings but I can't access those being outside the US.

The handle height is about 45mm. It's stubby but ergonomic.

The one I have is $38.99 from aliexpress. They have ebay listings but I can't access those being outside the US.

The handle height is about 45mm. It's stubby but ergonomic.
Oh I didn't realize where you were, sorry I forget that we're all over the world here which is great.

Definetely a big brush!! Is this the "beast" I heard in some other treads?

With all the new "Yaqi" fibers, do you think the Pur-Tech still worth the extra money?

I want to thank you all for enabling me! I found FS is a new vendor on Amazon and had a 26mm pur tech available, in a color scheme I liked. Now to wait for the boat to arrive!

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

Definetely a big brush!! Is this the "beast" I heard in some other treads?

With all the new "Yaqi" fibers, do you think the Pur-Tech still worth the extra money?

I wouldn't refer to it as a "beast" because it's actually quite a stubby looking brush and due to the loft, it doesn't take over my face.

The pur-tech (and muhle/EJ silvertip fibre for that matter) is a very unique knot conjugated to the rest on the market.

Value for money is not great but at the same time, it's a very unique fibre and no other fibre behaves like it does.

I want to thank you all for enabling me! I found FS is a new vendor on Amazon and had a 26mm pur tech available, in a color scheme I liked. Now to wait for the boat to arrive!

Nice!
Please share your feedback and some pics once you've used it.

I know, I would say sorry, but I think I might want one now! It sounds like a good one.

The Pur Tech arrived yesterday, 10 days ahead of its estimated delivery date. First use was this morning. I liked it and look forward to using it more and learning what makes it different. Because it is different for me. As @nav stated above, the tips are super soft! But there is a lot more backbone than I am used to experiencing. This isn't bad, just different, when all my previous synthetic brushes have been less firm. I have never used a Muhle STF, so I cannot speak to that issue. And it has been over 2 years since I used a badger brush, so I can't do a direct compare there either.

I also have to say I had very good communication with Frank of Franks Shaving. I initially mistakenly ordered the wrong brush. Frank was helpful in finding a solution and now I have the right brush!

@nav , or anyone else who has used the Muhle STF, could you give a sort of "compare and contrast" those fibers to the ones say in a RazoRock or Maggard brush? or to the SynBad? Thanks so much!

The Pur Tech arrived yesterday, 10 days ahead of its estimated delivery date. First use was this morning. I liked it and look forward to using it more and learning what makes it different. Because it is different for me. As @nav stated above, the tips are super soft! But there is a lot more backbone than I am used to experiencing. This isn't bad, just different, when all my previous synthetic brushes have been less firm. I have never used a Muhle STF, so I cannot speak to that issue. And it has been over 2 years since I used a badger brush, so I can't do a direct compare there either.

I also have to say I had very good communication with Frank of Franks Shaving. I initially mistakenly ordered the wrong brush. Frank was helpful in finding a solution and now I have the right brush!

@nav , or anyone else who has used the Muhle STF, could you give a sort of "compare and contrast" those fibers to the ones say in a RazoRock or Maggard brush? or to the SynBad? Thanks so much!

Glad you like the pur-tech, coincidently, I used mine just today with B&M latha soap.

I have the muhle STF in 23mm.
It has a very splay because the knot is hand tied so doesn't have any glue bump, plus the configuration of 54mm/23mm is conducive to splay whereas the pur-tech is 50mm/28mm so it doesn't splay as much but still enough that it doesn't feel resistant to splay.

The STF doesn't hold as much lather on account of the smaller knot but still plenty for 3 passes. The pur-tech holds an unbelievable amount of lather!!

I really enjoy the differences of both brushes but one thing I'll say is that the fibre used on both the STF and the pur-tech is definitely the most superior fibre on the market!!

I have 20+ synthetic brushes but the STF is my favorite. I love both the muhle STF v1, muhle STF v2 and also the pur-tech STF.

Top Bottom