What's new

Fragrances and alternatives

Hello all,

I've been trying out some new aftershaves and colognes samples, most of which I bought from Gifts & Care.
Now some of them I liked, some not :001_smile
$flagrance.jpg

So I was looking for some help/input in finding similar scents and alternatives.
My favourites so far are :
Truefitt & Hill 1805
Truefitt & Hill Clubman
TOBS Jermyn Street
Speick
But also others like the Acca Kappa's which are pretty expensive (of which some of the women's version my wife really liked ... I know ... she sometimes got an expensive taste :glare: )

So can anyone suggest other similar brands and variants to try out.
Cause besides the Speick and TOBS, the rest is pretty expensive (from 50€ till over 100€ for 100ml).
So I might buy 1 or 2 of those, but all alternatives within the 20€ - 40€ range are more than welcome.
Have a bday coming up :blush:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Over 100 views and no replies. One reason might be that most people don't know these frags well enough to make similar recommendations - including me. Now if you want to talk T&H or Acca Kappa shaving cream that's a different story.

Allow me to suggest you ask for recommendations on a note (sandalwood, citrus, etc.) you both enjoy.

Another possibility is to purchase larger samples of frags you like, but are too expensive for a full bottle. I do think you want to try a handful of small samples to see what you like. Our sample thread has many to read about. I personally like to read "my 5 favorite" posts to see which items reoccur across the lists.

Some cheaper colognes that seem to be popular:
Azzaro Pour Homme
Davidoff: Cool Water
YSL La Nuit de l'homme
Rive Gauche Pour Homme
Nautica Voyage

But as you no doubt know, you could hate any one of these. Samples are best, but a trip to a brick and mortar store can help rule out the ones you really dislike. And you can try a couple - one on each wrist - to see how they dry down as the day progresses.

Enjoy the hunt.

Hello Keith,

Thanks for your reply.
I already had been looking into the "my favourite 5" post and similar postings to get an idea of what is on the market.
Only issue here is finding samples. Not too many stores in Belgium that carry other brands than "the usual suspects".
In the past I've bought most of my "good" aftershaves and flagrances while on holiday.
Stores in other countries seem to carry a wider range of products and brands.
So if anyone can recommend a good store in Europe, I can check if it's worth to make a detour while on holiday :)

Top Bottom