What's new

Fragrance: Where to start?

Try a sample of :

Christian Dior Sauvage Eau De Toilette.
It’s really good. Amazing scent.

I avoided buying it since it came out until recently as it is everywhere. Literally everyone that is into fragrances has this.

It is one of the (if not the #1) best selling scents in the world for a reason though.

It is very similar to Prada Luna Rossa Carbon which is also excellent.

I have both and they get worn a lot. Sorry, DID get worn a lot before COVID. Starting to get back into wearing my many fragrances lately though. 👍

My first 40 years have been almost entirely fragrance free. I’m only now starting to take an interest in fragrance. Older guys can no longer rely on their looks alone. It helps to be well dressed, well groomed, and smelling good.

I would say that a large department store is your friend here. Whenever you go you can smell different things and importantly try a sample. Scent on the skin after some time is totally different from the alcohol blast you get from a freshly sprayed card.

When ever I go to a department store I will do a sample or two of what I’ve heard people talking about. Then I look up the scent profile of the ones I like on Fragmentia. You will probably start to notice a pattern to the scent notes. If you can get a small decant before buying a bottle. Some smells grow on you. Some make a good first impression but you tire of then quickly. I must have tried my current frags half a dozen times before buying a bottle.

It’s pretty overwhelming at first. You just have to follow your nose. It’s the only way.

Top Bottom