What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

Chanel Antaeus

120822d.jpg

Please share your thoughts.
Will do. I want to get a couple entire day wears in, before really giving things a lot of thought, but on initial skin application, my initial thought was L'homme smelled "good," but that was about it.

Leather perfumes can be problematic for me, as I tend to love suede perfumes like Cuiron, but tend to dislike hard and/or smoky leathers, even hard leather classics. When I saw birch tar in the ingredient list I was worried, but honestly the roughest part of the leather presentation was at the somewhat odd smelling open, and it never was that rugged or smoky to begin with. I think this one is more of a middling leather that will not offend just about anyone, but may not impress leather fans of either camp either. The leather presentation does improve from my perspective as the labdanum in the base smooths things out in the heart. Projection seems well in-check so far. More to come, but right now I don't think I will be buying a bottle of this one.

Last edited:
Will do. I want to get a couple entire day wears in, before really giving things a lot of thought, but on initial skin application, my initial thought was L'homme smelled "good," but that was about it.

Leather perfumes can be problematic for me, as I tend to love suede perfumes like Cuiron, but tend to dislike hard and/or smoky leathers, even hard leather classics. When I saw birch tar in the ingredient list I was worried, but honestly the roughest part of the leather presentation was at the somewhat odd smelling open, and it never was that rugged or smoky to begin with. I think this one is more of a middling leather that will not offend just about anyone, but may not impress leather fans of either camp either. The leather presentation does improve from my perspective as the labdanum in the base smooths things out in the heart. projection seems well in-check so far. More to come, but right now I don't think I will be buying a bottle of this one.
Thank you for your thoughtful comments!

Top Bottom