What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

DBBCC120-D947-45B6-A7A1-18E3FAD63EE6.jpeg
Dunhill Icon Absolute

How do you like the Absloute version? If you have the original, which I love, I wonder what your thoughts are on how they compare.

The original is one of my favorites of all time. So classy and understated. This one shares *some* of the DNA, but adds a very nice layer of spicy warmth. It opens up darker and veers into a delicious leathery tobacco. The same oud that you find in the deep drydown of the original is amped up here, and it’s present right at the beginning, up until the very end. The official notes mention some florals in the mids but they come accross almost like black licorice.

It’s really, really well composed. Those types of cold weather fragrances can be a bit too much sometimes, especially for the office, but Icon Absolute never becomes obnoxious. It stays low profile and elegant during the whole process. For me that’s a definite plus.

I’d say in the whole Icon lineup, the OG and Absolute are the true gems.

The original is one of my favorites of all time. So classy and understated. This one shares *some* of the DNA, but adds a very nice layer of spicy warmth. It opens up darker and veers into a delicious leathery tobacco. The same oud that you find in the deep drydown of the original is amped up here, and it’s present right at the beginning, up until the very end. The official notes mention some florals in the mids but they come accross almost like black licorice.

It’s really, really well composed. Those types of cold weather fragrances can be a bit too much sometimes, especially for the office, but Icon Absolute never becomes obnoxious. It stays low profile and elegant during the whole process. For me that’s a definite plus.

I’d say in the whole Icon lineup, the OG and Absolute are the true gems.
Great review!

Top Bottom