What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

IMG_20210529_125047.jpg

Tru Fragrance 1956 Original EDC.

Certainly a valid perspective but not necessarily the only one. 4711, supposedly the original cologne or at least a very old one, lasts but minutes. Guerlain Imperiale, a very similar scent in a much fancier bottle bearing a much heftier price tag, is similarly fleeting. The price of AdP is enough out of my comfort zone that it is unlikely I shall ever experience it, but for me the fleeting nature of very traditional predominantly citrus colognes is how light and ephemeral their scent is. I never wanted to be the guy whose scent announced his arrival or the one who triggered a headache for someone in close quarters.
Unfortunately, I think you’re combining two SEPARATE factors - sustainability vs. intensity.

Granted, only a major “fragrance head” would want to wear SO much fragrance as to cause offense to others olifactory senses. That would point to an issue of intensity.

However, I’m sure most of us would like a favorite fragrance of ours to LAST, ideally throughout the day, with the more rich, complex fragrances exhibiting various notes throughout the day.

The key to this is the amount of essential oils used, with prices increasing naturally with the increased use of said oils, hence the difference in price, and supposedly performance, between an aftershave splash, an “eau de cologne,” and an “eau de parfum.”

Thats why I was so DISSAPOINTED in “AdP.” At that price point (I paid $120, before taxes, for a regular sized bottle), I expected LONGER lasting power. Alas, that was not the case, IMO. 🙁

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Unfortunately, I think you’re combining two SEPARATE factors - sustainability vs. intensity.

Granted, only a major “fragrance head” would want to wear SO much fragrance as to cause offense to others olifactory senses. That would point to an issue of intensity.

However, I’m sure most of us would like a favorite fragrance of ours to LAST, ideally throughout the day, with the more rich, complex fragrances exhibiting various notes throughout the day.

The key to this is the amount of essential oils used, with prices increasing naturally with the increased use of said oils, hence the difference in price, and supposedly performance, between an aftershave splash, an “eau de cologne,” and an “eau de parfum.”

Thats why I was so DISSAPOINTED in “AdP.” At that price point (I paid $120, before taxes, for a regular sized bottle), I expected LONGER lasting power. Alas, that was not the case, IMO. 🙁
The two are often linked. If Aramis or Antaeus your migraines and you are seated next to me, even if I used extreme moderation in applying it, you are going to have a headache. A scent that dissipates very quickly and thoroughly is less likely to cause that problem.

The two are often linked. If Aramis or Antaeus your migraines and you are seated next to me, even if I used extreme moderation in applying it, you are going to have a headache. A scent that dissipates very quickly and thoroughly is less likely to cause that problem.
“Migraines?” From a scent applied with “extreme moderation?” 😳🙄

That’s a pretty unique and RARE situation to be concerned about, so I’m not.

I’m more concerned about getting VALUE for my buck. 😉

Top Bottom