What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

DiorEauSauvageParfum17.jpg

For Father's Day *, Miss Linda gave me a bottle of Hollywood EdT from Playboy. It's much less citrus-y than most men's colognes these days, and while I'm still getting used to it, I have to say it's not too bad.

* She considers that I am "father" to my two cats; she persists in the idea that I am the Lion King and they are my cubs. This no doubt would come as a shock to them.

I am back to SMN Spanish Leather. It is no one's idea of a summer scent. But I really like it. Very masculine. Birch tar nearly exclusively. Reminds me of Italy, and Italy certainly is sunny. It is not like leather disappears as a scent in normal life in the summer. Barns and riding stable are certainly think with it.

I am not overly concerned with what is and is not an appropriate scent to the season or time of day. But I do think it is a trap for those who are unaware. I feel like I know the difference between a summer and a winter scent, between a day and a night time scent, and I choose to go against the usual rule, in this instance.

Although, I suppose, if I were dating, I would choose a more conventional approach. I think John Molloy said of women that they never assume you know how to dress but choose not to dress that way, but assume you do not know how to dress. There is truth in that to my sensibilities.

Top Bottom