What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

Syncing with cmh737 today

proxy.php

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Dunhill Century. I have the shower gel and the aftershave balm and I love the scent, but the EdP doesn't have the same appeal. I think I've been overdoing it...too many sprays...it isn't an EdT, after all, and it isn't a subtle fragrance if oversprayed. We'll see.

dunhill century.jpg

Dunhill Century. I have the shower gel and the aftershave balm and I love the scent, but the EdP doesn't have the same appeal. I think I've been overdoing it...too many sprays...it isn't an EdT, after all, and it isn't a subtle fragrance if oversprayed. We'll see.

View attachment 1594145
Century is a weird scent. I think it’s the cypriol. It starts nice and grapefruity, but that bitter note, like crunchy, candied sandalwood, it just won’t quit. Definitely one to spray lightly.

When I’m in the mood for it, I enjoy it best as an evening fragrance, reminds me of fresh linens and jasmine tea.

This can be a polarizing scent. What do you think?
I can see why. It is “brash”, particularly when you first apply it. It does eventually “calm down”, but not quickly. I am still thinking about which notes I am smelling, for example cinnamon jumps out at me, yet I don’t don’t see that in the note pyramids I see online. I enjoy Lapidus PH, but I don’t love it—yet. I think I will be careful about wearing it in public, with moderate application (two spritzes, tops), and after the dry-down.

Top Bottom