What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

Vetifleur by Rogue

Got my sample of this the other day and gave it a test run that evening.....Alas, too floral for my preferences; All I got was indolic jasmine and some rose. Fortunately, the indolic nature of the jasmine faded at about the hour mark, and then it was quite nice, but that was it; I wish the other listed notes were more prominent for me. A quality fragrance, no question about that! It's just not for me.

Last edited:
Acqua di Parma Colonia

proxy.php

I have never heard of this one. Is it new? I love most of his fragrances.
Yes, it just came out... I have a full review on BN, but it is essentially a mixture of three of my favorite perfumes (2 of the Rogue's own)... Coeur de Vetiver Sacre by L'Artisan, and Chypre-Siam and Jasmin Antique by Rogue. A bit "feminine" leaning, but sublime.

Got my sample of this the other day and gave it a test run that evening.....Alas, too floral for my preferences; All I got was indolic jasmine and some rose. Fortunately, the indolic nature of the jasmine faded at about the hour mark, and then it was quite nice, but that was it; I wish the other listed notes were more prominent for me. A quality fragrance, no question about that! It's just not for me.
It sounds like you are *very* sensitive to the jasmine (in the way I am to notes like immortelle and fecal notes), and that can unfortunately have the note overpower all/most of the other notes and accords in a given perfume. The vetiver used is actually quite prominent in this one, but it is the same kind of relatively transparent bergamot laced vetiver found in Coeur de Vetiver Sacre (a composition that I absolutely love, but was slammed by many when it was released due to the vetiver not being the kind that jumps out at you like most vetiver presentations). Now in my case, as a jasmine lover, I say the more the merrier. ;-)

It sounds like you are *very* sensitive to the jasmine.....
Unfortunately for me, I think you're right - at least the jasmine ingredient that Rogue uses. And I say, "unfortunate", because we have jasmine growing all over my yard and I love the smell of that. But no worries. Funny at how those things go. I've tried all the fragrances from Rogue except for Derviche II (which I have a sample of, but will wait till cooler temps to fully test). So far, the one that I am actually considering buying a bottle of for myself is Tabac Vert, which IIRC, is one that you don't favor as much. :biggrin1: I did however, buy a bottle of Champs Lunaires at Christmas for my daughter because she loves rose, and I have to admit that it's a wonderful scent for her!

Last edited:
Top Bottom