What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

Eddie Bauer Adventurer

images (1).jpeg

Overrated 🙁
"Overrated"???? You're kidding, right? I mean, you may not like it, and that's fine, as YMMV and all that; but AdP over rated - I disagree strongly. A fragrance that's been around for 105 years doesn't last that long for being "over rated". BTW, I love it! The key for me is adding additional sprays to my undershirt - that increases longevity dramatically.

That's a pretty bold statement to tell an Italian that his Italian fragrance is overrated. :em2700:
"Overrated"???? You're kidding, right? I mean, you may not like it, and that's fine, as YMMV and all that; but AdP over rated - I disagree strongly. A fragrance that's been around for 105 years doesn't last that long for being "over rated". BTW, I love it! The key for me is adding additional sprays to my undershirt - that increases longevity dramatically.
Allow me to CLARIFY 🧐 -

As a FRAGRANCE, it’s wonderful. 😊

As a EdT/cologne?

It sucks. 🙁

If I’m gonna be spending $120-140/bottle, it damn well better last more than an HOUR, much less half.

I tell ya, I can spray an impressive amount of it all over my body, and a few minutes later, I got BUPKIS.

Acqua de Parma” would work best by calling itself (and costing as if it were) an AFTERSHAVE. 🤔

Allow me to CLARIFY 🧐 -

As a FRAGRANCE, it’s wonderful. 😊.........
Acqua de Parma” would work best by calling itself (and costing as if it were) an AFTERSHAVE. 🤔

Well, have you tried Stirling Piacenza, or Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus? Both are inspired by AdP, and both are available in aftershave and EdT.

Well, have you tried Stirling Piacenza, or Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus? Both are inspired by AdP, and both are available in aftershave and EdT.
Funny you should ask, my friend.

Just placed my FIRST order with “Stirling” this morning, ordered a ton of SAMPLES (learned my lesson the hard way after ordering a whole tub of their “Barbershop” soap from “WCS.” Not for me 🙁)

I had their “Piacenza” on my list (I, too, heard about the “AdP” connection). Opted for a sample of their “Campagnia” soap instead. The scent notes appealed to me more.

I, too, noticed Fine’s “Italian Citrus

Guess I’ll save that for my next order from “Maggard’s” ! 😉

Allow me to CLARIFY 🧐 -

As a FRAGRANCE, it’s wonderful. 😊

As a EdT/cologne?

It sucks. 🙁

If I’m gonna be spending $120-140/bottle, it damn well better last more than an HOUR, much less half.

I tell ya, I can spray an impressive amount of it all over my body, and a few minutes later, I got BUPKIS.

I wouldn't pay that either. I bought mine for $40 which is about where it should be.

I wouldn't pay that either. I bought mine for $40 which is about where it should be.
$40?! 😲

Careful, friend. 🤔

High end scents are notorious for being counterfeited. 🧐

It’s one of the few items I make exceptions for when buying - I don’t automatically look for a bargain/sale (and am skeptical when I find one), and try to buy from a known, reputable dealer.

Case in point - while talking to one of the gentleman who run “Creed’s” flagship store, he informed me that many “Creed” items sold outside their stores and affiliates, esp. those sold at a discount, online, were, in fact, FAKES. 😳

Top Bottom